Can i Install macOS without internet?

0x135

AMD OS X Member
(*google translate)

Hello. In the vanilla guide, installation on a USB flash drive implies the further availability of cable Internet in order to download the full macos image already on the installation screen. I only have wi-fi, and I would like to immediately download all macos to a USB flash drive so that the installation takes place without the Internet. How can i do this?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yes you can. When you are making the install USB don't select the option in gibMacOS to enable recovery. This will download the full installer files.

0x135

AMD OS X Member
But how can all this be written to a USB flash drive? There are also a lot of files. 1.png
And it turns out that when writing to a USB flash drive in gibmacos, you need to select not "RecoveryHDMetaDmg.pkg", but something else?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Shift + Right click then copy as path. Paste that into the makeinstall.bat screen ;)

0x135

AMD OS X Member
That is, in order for macos to be installed without the Internet, need to select FULL INSTALL in gibmacos, and then do everything according to the instructions? No additional action?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Correct. The only difference is downloading all the files rather than just the recovery.

0x135

AMD OS X Member
1.png
I downloaded all these files. And in makeinstall I chose the path to RecoveryHDMetaDmg.pkg. The files were transferred to the USB flash drive quickly, and I thought that the full macos image could not transfer so quickly. And so it turned out. On the macos installation screen, an inscription appeared stating that an Internet connection was required. What to do?

upd: I forgot to download BaseSystem, when I download, I'll write here

Last edited:

0x135

AMD OS X Member
1.png
It seems that I downloaded all the files. But nothing has changed. Help.

0x135

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the answers, but this guide has already helped me:

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.