Can I enable WIFI6 on an intel AX210 in Ventura?

askunk

AMD OS X Member
So far this is the only info I could find on it, but it's dated and no confirmation if it works.

Does anyone know if there is any chance to move to 802.11ax with Ventura?
I am using Airportitlwm 2.2.0.

Thank you.
@

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Support for AX210 (MVM Gen3) family of devices was added to Airportitlwm.kext and Itlwm.kext in release 2.1.0 Stable.

So you should only need to make sure you are using the correct version of Airportitlwm.kext, I.e the specific Airportitlwm.kext for Ventura.

askunk

AMD OS X Member
Hello Edhawk. Thank you for being here every time. Very kind of you :)

I have the 2.2.0 stable, the latest.

System info says:
Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

Do the data refer to the router or the wireless card? If it's the former, then I'll need to wait for the new router (ax) to verify it and it might work.

Handoff and Universal Clipboard work only from iPad or iPhone TO hackintosh, not vice versa (any fix for it that you know of?)

Thanks again
@

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Intel WiFi/BT cards don't provide all the Apple Continuity features. This is a well known issue with Intel WiFi/BT cards and both kexts. Depending on which kext you use dictates which continuity features are available.

This is what the Itlwm docs say about Airportitlwm.kext

Limitation of AirportItlwm.kext​

Have a read of the Itlwm FAQ for more information.

askunk

AMD OS X Member
Thanks. I read all the docs before coming to the forum. It says Uni Clipboard is supported but on mine works one way only.
It may be normal, they don’t go in such details, but it seems it woks fine to others.

askunk

AMD OS X Member
As per the ax, there are mixed and dated info. I guess it’s not reliable yet. I don’t seem to find success stories.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Reliable, no not to my knowledge. But that is one of the many compromises that using an Intel WiFi/BT card requires.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.