Can’t load Big Sur after change GPU from AMD RX570 to RX6600XT.

cgla

AMD OS X Member
I need GPU gaming power for Halo in WInd 10 of my dual boot machine. So I have to upgrade my GPU. I chose AMD RX 6600XT hoping it can be supported natively by Big Sur. but I am wrong. it is wont boot..

Any trick that I can use it in BigSur for Garageband only, ie nothing specific for graphic works?

Happy Holiday and Thanks!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The drivers fro your RX 6600 XT are only present in Monterey 12.1.

So you would need to run one of the newer versions of Monterey to get the RX 6600 XT working in macOS. As far I am aware there are no drivers/kexts that will work in Big Sur with this card.

cgla

AMD OS X Member
Thanks, I am thinking about it. But I was also concerning my MSI MB for Monterey compatibility.. I have this MB: Motherboard: MSI B450 Pro M2 Max. do you know I can install Monterey on it?

thanks a lot pal!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No I don’t know if your MSI board can run Monterey.

You need to switch back to your previous GPU until you know for sure if the MSI motherboard issues have been resolved.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.