Black Screen After Installing AirportItlwm_kext on Ryzen 9 5900HX with Intel AX200 Wi-Fi 😭

Andrys

AMD OS X Member
Technical Specifications of the PC:

Processor:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics, 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors
RAM: 16.0 GB
USB Controller: AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
Wi-Fi Network Card: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1638), compatible with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Encountered Problem: After inserting the kext AirportItlwm_v2.2.0_stable_Ventura.kext for the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz card in my Hackintosh with macOS Ventura, I am experiencing a black screen problem after the kexts load during startup. The PC goes to a black screen and shows no signs of life, while without the kext, the system seems to start up correctly.

I have tried adding various boot arguments in the config.plist, but the problem persists. I suspect there may be a compatibility issue or a conflict with another kext. Any suggestions or advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    65.1 KB · Views: 2

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Technical Specifications of the PC:

Processor:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics, 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors
RAM: 16.0 GB
USB Controller: AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
Wi-Fi Network Card: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1638), compatible with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Encountered Problem: After inserting the kext AirportItlwm_v2.2.0_stable_Ventura.kext for the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz card in my Hackintosh with macOS Ventura, I am experiencing a black screen problem after the kexts load during startup. The PC goes to a black screen and shows no signs of life, while without the kext, the system seems to start up correctly.

I have tried adding various boot arguments in the config.plist, but the problem persists. I suspect there may be a compatibility issue or a conflict with another kext. Any suggestions or advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.
What brand and model laptop do you have or I assume you have? Might help someone help you, also config.plists are only half of what is needed to be able to understand what you are loading. It's best to zip and upload your entire EFI folder. Edit: I see your are using macOS Ventura.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you tried using the AirportItlwm.kext from the Alpha 2.3.0 release? The Ventura kext from the Alpha release may work better than the current one you are using.

Andrys

AMD OS X Member
UPDATE!!
I changed the EFI, and with these settings, it manages to boot everything in 1/4 of the previous time. But using both AirportItlwm.kext Alpha 2.3.0-alpha and Alpha 2.2.0-stable the problem remains. I saw that in the kext installation the following BIOS Configuration is required:

• Fast Boot: Disabled (which is present)
  • CNVi Support: Auto (absent)"
I changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro16,3.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    16.7 MB · Views: 1

Andrys

AMD OS X Member
What brand and model laptop do you have or I assume you have? Might help someone help you, also config.plists are only half of what is needed to be able to understand what you are loading. It's best to zip and upload your entire EFI folder. Edit: I see your are using macOS Ventura.
The model of the laptop is: Zenbook 14 Flip OLED (UN5401, AMD Ryzen 5000 Series). I tried with MacOS Sonoma, it didn't work (with the kext AirportItlwm.kext), so I wanted to try with MacOS Ventura, but it didn't solve anything.

A small question, do you know if it's possible to insert the mentioned kext maybe once entered in recovery mode through the terminal, or use another alternative method to enable internet (perhaps through iPhone USB tethering)?

Andrys

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried using the AirportItlwm.kext from the Alpha 2.3.0 release? The Ventura kext from the Alpha release may work better than the current one you are using.
I am waiting for the stable version to be released.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
USB to ETHERNET adapter might be your best option for internet while in Recovery mode.

I have never used iPhone tethering during the installation phase, so I have no idea if that would work in Recovery mode.

Andrys

AMD OS X Member
I've tried with USB tethering, but it didn't work. Do you have any adapter recommendations? (I own an Alfa USB-WiFi adapter, model AWUS036ac, but I couldn't find the kexts)
USB to ETHERNET adapter might be your best option for internet while in Recovery mode.

I have never used iPhone tethering during the installation phase, so I have no idea if that would work in Recovery mode.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.