Solved Bis Sure Update went wrong, error "Unsupported bootstrap protocol7 vs 6"

HtOW

AMD OS X Member
Hey,

after my SSD died i had to create a new install USB with Windows(first time) so I followed Dortania´s OC Guide.
After the first installation that i tryed, the bootlog shows the attached error. I coud not found an solution so far, so if anyone had the same issue before i would be pleased for some help ^^

For me everything looked ok and the config test didnt show an error beside the apple Rom but in the newest version of the software it wasn´t generated (so Apple Rom is not needed any longer?)

Thanks for the help.
greetings Mathis

OC Boot Log BS11.6.3.PNGOC 7.5.1.PNG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which version of macOS Big Sur are you trying to install on your Hack?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Assuming you are looking to install macOS Big Sur 11.3+ I have adapted this OC 0.7.7 EFI folder for your system.

Try it and see if you get any further through the installation.

Attachments

• EFI-1.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 4

HtOW

AMD OS X Member
Which version of macOS Big Sur are you trying to install on your Hack?

Yea that’s the problem, i didn’t saw any number on the windows download but my goal was to upgrade to 11.6 because of some problems with 11.1 and 11.2.

HtOW

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the fast help!

With your Efi Folder i was able to boot into the GUI Installer and the download of the missing OS Data was completed. However the reboot after that simply doesn´t work, OC shows the install macos file but after choosing that on the system shuts down and im forced to reboot into the GUI Partition. The reboot doesnt shows any OC structure, it just reboots.

The system crash desn´t create a log file. For that reason i assume that it shoud have something to do with the MacOS data.

I still tried mulitple OC Files with were sucessfull 11.6.x installationen based on my system but the second installation part never started. With my first uploaded config the systems doesn´t crash but after 1h nothing happend either.

online i just found on article for OC 0.5.9 with wasn´t helpfull.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Sorry, I'm not sure what is happening to cause the crash/reboot, so offering a solution is not easy.

If you have access to another hack or a real Mac you could download the macOS Big Sur Installation application from Apple's servers - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211683 This download uses the Apple AppStore.

You could then Restore the installer to a USB drive (16GB) on your other Hack or real Mac, using the CreateInstallMedia terminal command. Then you wouldn't have to worry about using the Apple Recovery method. That way you are less likely to download a corrupt or borked Data package.

The Terminal command for Restoring the Big Sur installation app to a USB is as follows:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled

The above Terminal command expects the USB to be named 'Untitled' if you name your USB something else, you need to edit the command, otherwise it will fail.

HtOW

AMD OS X Member
A new MacOS Software was downloaded with the recovery version. Now everything works fine!

one last question should I change the serial number of the EFI File you provided me?

Thank you very much!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes, you can change the Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID, as all four of these SMBIOS elements are connected. They were all generated at the same time, when I created the EFI folder and populated the config.plist for your system.

After changing these elements in the config.plist you need to make sure you ResetNvram from the OpenCore boot screen. If the ResetNvram tool is not shown when you get tot eh OC boot screen, simply press the 'Spacebar' this should unhide the Auxiliary icons. This is really important, otherwise you could end up with a mess in your Nvram settings. As the previous settings will include the Serial Number etc.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.