Big sur internet connection problem

resefsew

AMD OS X Member
"An internet connection is required to install macOS."
I ma trying to install a macOS Big Sur to my pc
i can boot into flash drive, but when i press install mac OS it says that i dont have internet connection and i cant install mac OS, but lan cable is connected to my pc
specs:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Asus prime b550
RX 5500xt
32gb ram 3200

Attachments

• EFi.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 4

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your Asus Prime B550 motherboard uses the Realtek 8111H Ethernet controller. You have a kext in. your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder for an INTEL Ethernet controller. That is the reason you have no Internet when trying to install macOS.

Add the kext attached below to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and a corresponding entry in your config.plist for the kext and you should have working internet when you next try to install macOS.

Attachments

• RealtekRTL8111-V2.4.2.zip
    294.7 KB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You only need one HFS+ driver in your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder - HfsPlus.efi. I would recommend you remove OpenHfsPlus.efi, as HfsPlus.efi is the better of the two drivers.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 20.20.59.png Current /EFI/OC/Drivers contents

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 20.28.18.png Revised /EFI/OC/Drivers folder contents

You don't need SMCProcessor.kext, as you have SMCAMDProcessor.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder.
As stated above you don't need the AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext, use the RealtekRTL8111.kext attached in the post above.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 20.23.13.png Current /EFI/OC/Kexts folder contents.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 20.29.11.png Revised /EFI/OC/Kexts folder contents.

You need to remove the entries in the config.plist for these kexts and driver. Or if using ProperTree, use the CleanSnapshot feature after manually deleting the kexts and driver.

resefsew

AMD OS X Member
You only need one HFS+ driver in your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder - HfsPlus.efi. I would recommend you remove OpenHfsPlus.efi, as HfsPlus.efi is the better of the two drivers.

View attachment 10669 Current /EFI/OC/Drivers contents

View attachment 10671 Revised /EFI/OC/Drivers folder contents

You don't need SMCProcessor.kext, as you have SMCAMDProcessor.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder.
As stated above you don't need the AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext, use the RealtekRTL8111.kext attached in the post above.

View attachment 10670 Current /EFI/OC/Kexts folder contents.

View attachment 10672 Revised /EFI/OC/Kexts folder contents.

You need to remove the entries in the config.plist for these kexts and driver. Or if using ProperTree, use the CleanSnapshot feature after manually deleting the kexts and driver.
Thanks it works! it started to installing mac os and after installing it rebooted and i cant boot into my ssd.
Black screen and with text: boot0af: error

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
  1. That indicates the system is trying to boot in Legacy Mode.
  2. Your Ryzen system should be booting in UEFI mode.
  3. Check your bios settings are correct for running macOS.
    1. # AMD Bios Settings
  4. Make sure you have the USB boot drive connected to a working USB port.
  5. It will be required until you copy the OpenCore EFI folder from the USB drive 's EFI partition to the EFI partition on your macOS drive.

resefsew

AMD OS X Member
I am trying to make post install. I mounted efi foldee. but bios uefi cant see my ssd on on which i installed mac os

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I'm not sure what you have done, but this will most likely be a user error, i.e. where you have selected something incorrect when setting up the bios or installing macOS.

When installing macOS the SSD/NVME/HDD that macOS is installed to must be formatted as AFPS with the GUID partition table.
Did you format the SSD/NVME/HDD prior to installing macOS, using Disk Utility from the installation wizard?
If you selected MBR partition table (Legacy) then the drive won't boot.

I would definitely check the Boot options in the bios, to see if you have set the system to boot Legacy mode instead of UEFI First.

resefsew

AMD OS X Member
I'm not sure what you have done, but this will most likely be a user error, i.e. where you have selected something incorrect when setting up the bios or installing macOS.

When installing macOS the SSD/NVME/HDD that macOS is installed to must be formatted as AFPS with the GUID partition table.
Did you format the SSD/NVME/HDD prior to installing macOS, using Disk Utility from the installation wizard?
If you selected MBR partition table (Legacy) then the drive won't boot.

I would definitely check the Boot options in the bios, to see if you have set the system to boot Legacy mode instead of UEFI First.
I fixed the problem by making 1gb partition on ssd in disk utility before installing mac os. And i moved the EFI folder on this 1gb partition. just updated to last mac os, and installed some kexts for my wifi card. Works good, but i have problem with discord ,sometimes my microphone farts and i cant open someones screen sharing, it just crashes when i am triyng to watch (In browser discord works good). And Cs go is crashing while trying to open it.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The microphone issue is probably related to the Audio Layout-ID you are using in your config.plist. You have the Audio Codec using layout-id=3, as shown below from the DeviceProperties section in your config.plist.

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 13.53.38.png layout-ID = 3 for audio

Changing this layout ID might fix the issue.

The Asus Prime B550 motherboard uses the Realtek ALC887 Audio codec. This codec works with AppleALC.kext and should work with ID's 1, 2, 3, 5 & 7 to varying degrees. One of these alternate ID's may work better with your Microphone.

You may need to use AMDFriend to patch your system so the software you are having issues with can work on your AMD system.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.