Big Sur Install stick at EB|LOG:EXIT:START]

NeXT

AMD OS X Member
Hello,
I tried installing MacOS Big Sur on :
MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX
RYZEN 5 3600
RADEON RX 460

But it's impossible for me to boot from the USB key, I have tried everything but in vain, my EFI file seems clean to me and I don't understand this error despite having consulted the General Troubleshooting of OpenCore
If anyone could help, I will really appreciate it.
Thanks

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
  • EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 24

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
Hello,
I tried installing MacOS Big Sur on :
MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX
RYZEN 5 3600
RADEON RX 460

But it's impossible for me to boot from the USB key, I have tried everything but in vain, my EFI file seems clean to me and I don't understand this error despite having consulted the General Troubleshooting of OpenCore
If anyone could help, I will really appreciate it.
Thanks
Rename to EFI

Attachments

• EFI-3.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 45

NeXT

AMD OS X Member
Hello @Gigamaxx, thank you,
but it's always the same, the same failure at boot, I will continue to search ... what did you correct exactly?

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
Hello @Gigamaxx, thank you,
but it's always the same, the same failure at boot, I will continue to search ... what did you correct exactly?
I ran it through Open Core Sanity checker. OpenCore config.plist Sanity Checkeropencore.slowgeek.com

The ROM was 11 22 33 44 etc. It was called out in Sanity Checker. I used Propertree to edit it to blank.
Open Core Configurator is a handy tool to set Platform ID info. Thats all I use it for, there are mixed opinions on using it by the Open Core customer base. Some say it can corrupt a plist, others say they have no problems with it. I rarely use it and only for setting Platform ID or mounting the EFI.
Propertree is a great tool for editing IMO. It has the OC Snapshot feature that allows you to change out SSDTs, Kexts etc.. and then automatically reset the true/false, enable/disable settings in the plist.

Propertree editor
corpnewt/ProperTree: Cross platform GUI plist editor ... - GitHubgithub.com › corpnewt › ProperTree
After downloading open the scripts folder and run the build app command in terminal. Just right click and select open. It should run automatically then leave a Propertree app in the Downloads folder. Move that to the desktop or Applications folder.

Right click on the EFI/OC/config.plist, open with Propertree. Top tool bar File/OC Snapshot.
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 8.53.38 AM.png

Make sure to select the proper EFI/OC/config.plist, this one is yours in my downloads folder. Make sure to route the Finder window to the exact location and EFi you used to open Propertree with. Find the EFi then open the OC folder then hit choose tab.
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 8.55.52 AM.png

Is your bios set up following AMD guides? Dsable CSM, Above 4G Decoding disabled (npci=0x2000)

NeXT

AMD OS X Member
I ran it through Open Core Sanity checker. OpenCore config.plist Sanity Checkeropencore.slowgeek.com

The ROM was 11 22 33 44 etc. It was called out in Sanity Checker. I used Propertree to edit it to blank.
Open Core Configurator is a handy tool to set Platform ID info. Thats all I use it for, there are mixed opinions on using it by the Open Core customer base. Some say it can corrupt a plist, others say they have no problems with it. I rarely use it and only for setting Platform ID or mounting the EFI.
Propertree is a great tool for editing IMO. It has the OC Snapshot feature that allows you to change out SSDTs, Kexts etc.. and then automatically reset the true/false, enable/disable settings in the plist.

Yes, after each configuration I also check on Open Core Sanity checker,
indeed, I had not paid attention to the ROM setting.
And I use this awesome tool which is Propertree editor.
Is your bios set up following AMD guides? Dsable CSM, Above 4G Decoding disabled (npci=0x2000)
All my BIOS settings are OK, I just checked again
In any case thank you to you for the time you devoted to me, I continue to search.
I will restart from a clean base by following the OpenCore Install Guide once more

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
Yes, after each configuration I also check on Open Core Sanity checker,
indeed, I had not paid attention to the ROM setting.
And I use this awesome tool which is Propertree editor.

All my BIOS settings are OK, I just checked again
In any case thank you to you for the time you devoted to me, I continue to search.
I will restart from a clean base by following the OpenCore Install Guide once more
Try downloading the latest release of OC and start again. Use the sample config.plist included and re edit. Sometimes its better to start off fresh.

NeXT

AMD OS X Member
I started again, this time taking my time, and everything went well, I was able to update to Big Sur without a problem.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-12-11 à 15.21.50.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-12-11 à 15.21.50.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 45

eddi09993

AMD OS X Member
I started again, this time taking my time, and everything went well, I was able to update to Big Sur without a problem.
Thanks for your help.
can you attach your EFI? I have the same problem, I can't figure it out

NeXT

AMD OS X Member
can you attach your EFI? I have the same problem, I can't figure it out
Hi,
Here is my EFI file.
You have to generate your own SystemSerialNumber with GenSMBIOS,
in my kests, there are VirtualSMC & AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement which are used by AMD PowerGadget.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-12-27 à 18.21.17.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-12-27 à 18.21.17.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 37

velusiva

AMD OS X Member
Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC,

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x,

Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8G,​

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB (M.2 NVMe Internal SSD),​

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Optimized for AMD Ryzen – Black​

Big Sur EFI

velusiva

AMD OS X Member
Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC,

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x,

Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8G,​

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB (M.2 NVMe Internal SSD),​

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Optimized for AMD Ryzen – Black​

Big Sur EFI please help me to download the EFI

NeXT

AMD OS X Member
Helll, for now I don't have a hackintosh, I sold my old hardware (R5 3600 + MSI x470 Gaming Plus Max), I'm waiting for this which should arrive in the next few days:
  • Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Asus ROG STRIX B550-E Gaming
  • BITFENIX WHISPER M 750W 80+ Gold
  • Crucial P5 500GB NVMe

Did you add the SSDT-CPUR.aml file to your OC/ACPI folder and include it in your config ?
Can you share your EFI file ?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.