Better keep to 12 if you rely on virtual machine/docker heavily

evenlee

AMD OS X Member
I upgraded t0 ventura days ago, but find virtual box cannot work and there are no workaround.
vb 6.1 does not work on ventura whereas 7.0 requires native hyper-v framework, namely AMD is dead when you want to use virtual box

for docker, colima cannot work, I have to use minikube, which use virtual box as driver.

I re-installed 12.6.1 and will kepp it as my last version, a M2 Max Mac Studio will be a better choice for me next year.

the eco system is heading to M series chip, no more efforts in hackintosh(as least AMD) .

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I upgraded t0 ventura days ago, but find virtual box cannot work and there are no workaround.
vb 6.1 does not work on ventura whereas 7.0 requires native hyper-v framework, namely AMD is dead when you want to use virtual box

for docker, colima cannot work, I have to use minikube, which use virtual box as driver.

I re-installed 12.6.1 and will kepp it as my last version, a M2 Max Mac Studio will be a better choice for me next year.

the eco system is heading to M series chip, no more efforts in hackintosh(as least AMD) .
I had virtual box 7.0 working on Monterey and made the mistake of upgrading to 13 too. Needed the vm to run a key management server.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.