B450 - Ryzen 3600 - RX 5700 - Update from 12.6.3 to 13.3 Stuck at "kdp_core zlib memory 0x7000"

valdowow

AMD OS X Member
System boots up just fine on Monterey, but whenever I try to boot up the "MacOS Installer" option from the boot menu it alwas gets stuck at kdp_core zlib memory 0x7000.
1680616557870.png

I tried updating to both 0.9 and 0.9.1, the AMD patches are up-to-date, tried running the update multiple times and the bios settings look fine.

PC specs:
ASUS Prime B450M - GAMING/BR (Not updated to support AMD SAM)
Ryzen 3600
RX 5700
SATA Kingston SSD
16GB RAM
Realtek RTL8111H
Realtek ALC887

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 21

valdowow

AMD OS X Member
Were you able to fix that? I have mostly the same specs as you (Asus Rog B450).
I have not, not even trying a clean install for both 13.2 and 13.3 did the trick. I tried updating the kexts, OC, the patches, a whole bunch of bios settings combinations and using a new bootable usb for a fresh install with different configs. There has to be something wrong with my system, EFI or BIOS settings, but I haven't quite figured out yet.
What really puzzles me is that this EFI (with the updated AMD patches) works flawlessly on Monterey, but it downrights refuses to get past that black screen on any Ventura version.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have not, not even trying a clean install for both 13.2 and 13.3 did the trick. I tried updating the kexts, OC, the patches, a whole bunch of bios settings combinations and using a new bootable usb for a fresh install with different configs. There has to be something wrong with my system, EFI or BIOS settings, but I haven't quite figured out yet.
What really puzzles me is that this EFI (with the updated AMD patches) works flawlessly on Monterey, but it downrights refuses to get past that black screen on any Ventura version.
See if this makes a difference

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 5

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I have a similar problem. I have tried updating from Ventura 13.2.1 to 13.3.1. I had help from a few Greats on the forum who helped me put my system together. I am not sure what the kernel is telling me but I have uploaded the photo and my OC zip. I was reading some posts from others who have had this same issue and upon reading the notes for Opencore, I realized that I do not have the 4 lines for the CPU changes to be made, I only have 3, do I simply add the 4th line?

IMG_3099.jpeg

Attachments

• OC.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@DancingShinryu Your issue is not the same as the OP's.

You need to add the latest release of the AMD Kernel patches to your config.plist, in place of the patches you are currently using.
Then edit the first four patches to match the number of cores (8) for your CPU.

Latest AMD patches can be downloaded from the link below, simply select the green coloured 'Code' button and then the 'Download Zip' option.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@valdowow try this OC .9.1 EFI in place of your current one, see if this gets you past the KP.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 26

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
@valdowow try this OC .9.1 EFI in place of your current one, see if this gets you past the KP.
Hello @Edhawk

Thank you for your reply to me. Should I make a new thread or continue here?

I cannot seem to boot fully with this efi. I get this strange error "find_symbol: magic number doesn't match - 0x17f96000" I have tried to reset the NVRAM

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@DancingShinryu the EFI provided in post #7 wasn't aimed at working with your system. You have a different dGPU, Motherboard and CPU compared to the OP's system.

Yes, you should start a new thread.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
@DancingShinryu the EFI provided in post #7 wasn't aimed at working with your system. You have a different dGPU, Motherboard and CPU compared to the OP's system.

Yes, you should start a new thread.
Oh Crikey what a blunder. I’m so sorry and I’ll make the new thread now. Thx

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.