Audio used to work until it changed to AZAL

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
I had previously working audio with AppleALC layoutid=7 (well sort of, since I had to use one of the surround port to get audio)
But after purchasing Fenvi T-919, I had to reconnect my external audio card from one PCIe Slot from one slot to another.

After this is done, I made sure I go back and forth between gfxutil and/or Hackintool PCIe table list and update my OC DeviceProperties so that external-audio=1 and alctcsel=1 is assigned to the correct Pciroot directory.

However, Mac just seems to assign HDEF to my external card, and assigns AZAL to my onboard audio device, when I looked in IOReg, Even tho such device still shows up in PCIe list in Hackintool.

In Hackintool > System > Peripherals, Audio table shows only my USB connected C922 Webcam, and Navi 21 HDMI Audio [Radeon RX 6900XT]
Are there any additional edits am I supposed to do in my config.plist?

Reply below if I need to post my EFI or config.plist, and I shall. Thanks in advance!

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
I stand firm that the AMD device comparison is the same- pci address matches, yet for some reason, as you posted above, some data is being shown differently. Creative device being more significantly different.

But I can put this issue at a lower priority and work on USBMap…

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Okay so I got USBMap wrong so corrected most of HSn to type 0, not 3...
Re-enabled unused ports so that the address and port number aligns nicely...

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You will be making another mistake if you change ALL the USB2 ports to (0).
  1. Only 4 x ports on your motherboard, the four black tang ports on the rear I/O plate, should be set with connector type USB2 (0). These are the four ports I highlighted on the rear I/O image in post #6.
  2. Any USB2 virtual ports, i.e. not USB2 physical ports, should be set to match the physical aspect of the port it is served from.
  3. So, if you have a USB3 or Type-C port/header that provides a virtual USB2 port, that virtual USB2 port should be set with the same connector type as the Physical connector, i.e. USB3 (3) or Type-C+Switch (9) or Type-C without switch (10).
  4. Under no circumstances should you set the connector type for a virtual USB2 port as USB2 (0).
  5. Only the USB header F_USB1 and USB port from the M.2_WiFi connector should be set with a connector type 'Internal' (255), a maximum of 3 x (255) ports if all are used.
  6. The 2 x USB3 headers, which can provide up to 8 x ports (4 x USB3 & 4 x USB2 (virtual)), should all be set as USB3 (3).

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
You will be making another mistake if you change ALL the USB2 ports to (0).
  1. Only 4 x ports on your motherboard, the four black tang ports on the rear I/O plate, should be set with connector type USB2 (0). These are the four ports I highlighted on the rear I/O image in post #6.
  2. Any USB2 virtual ports, i.e. not USB2 physical ports, should be set to match the physical aspect of the port it is served from.
  3. So, if you have a USB3 or Type-C port/header that provides a virtual USB2 port, that virtual USB2 port should be set with the same connector type as the Physical connector, i.e. USB3 (3) or Type-C+Switch (9) or Type-C without switch (10).
  4. Under no circumstances should you set the connector type for a virtual USB2 port as USB2 (0).
  5. Only the USB header F_USB1 and USB port from the M.2_WiFi connector should be set with a connector type 'Internal' (255), a maximum of 3 x (255) ports if all are used.
  6. The 2 x USB3 headers, which can provide up to 8 x ports (4 x USB3 & 4 x USB2 (virtual)), should all be set as USB3 (3).
1. First of all, that 4x USB2 ports on the Backplate:
Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 6.31.07 PM.png
Those are showing as single USB2.0 Hub. Corpnewt tool indicates that any 2.0 device I plug in it shows it under this Hub. I remember there was a past thread discussion similar to this case and was instructed to set it as type number 0.

2. I'm understanding that any "physical" USB 3 ports that supports reading USB2.0 devices, are called USB2 virtual ports, and they need to be type 3. So those ports, I'll revert applicable HS to type 3.

3. USB-C are remain set as type 9 for both applicable HS and SS

5. M.2 WiFi or bluetooth? (Intel Bluetooth USB address) That is set to 255

Attaching IOReg and USBMap kext

Attachments

• IORegUSBMap.zip
    1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Sorry-- updated USBMap.kext with assigning 255 as you suggested. There were total 3.

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Having reviewed the information you provided and making some educated guesses, I think your USBMap.kext should contain the following.

Motherboard XHC0 ports.png Motherboard headers and built-in USB ports - XHC0 controller

Rear I-O-XHC2-XHC3 ports.png Rear I/O plate ports XHC2 & XHC3 controllers

A revised USBMap.kext is attached for you to test. Port mapping amended to match port connector types listed in images above.

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 2

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Tried your USBMap and still causing issues. Must be something else outside USB Mapping. I'll try with Ventura and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.