ASUS X670E ProArt | Ryzen 9 7950X | Radeon RX 6950 XT | MacOS Ventura

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@s34b4ss Sort out your signature, it is way too big.

Just have your current system in your signature, if you can't simplify them to a single line of text, and use a smaller font!

Current:
Motherboard: Asus X670E ProArt
Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7650X
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
SSD: WD Black SN 850X 1TB for MacOS, Samsung 990 Pro 1TB for Windows 11, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB for Ubuntu Studio
HDD: 2x 10TB HGST ULTRASTAR + 40TB TRUENAS
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo Series (AMD Expo) 6000MT/s

Becomes this:

Asus X670E ProArt, Ryzen 9 7650X, RX 5700 XT, 64GB RAM,1 x 1TB WD Black SN850X (macOS), 2 x 1TB Samsung 990 Pro (Win11 & Ubuntu), 2 x 10TB HDD

s34b4ss

AMD OS X Member
definitely still stuck. I could not find the ACPI namespace in any of the .aml files in my ACPI folder looked through all the registers of my config file, and cannot find the offending string.
My thought is that it might be missing instead? here is the full last screen before the boot interrupts.

wholescreen.png
screentop.png
screenmiddle.png
screenbottom.png

also I have attached my config and the whole efi folder.
Any pointers would be great!
Thank you all!

Attachments

• config_110723.plist
    50.9 KB · Views: 1
  • EFI_B4ss_110723.zip
    48.9 MB · Views: 1

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
definitely still stuck. I could not find the ACPI namespace in any of the .aml files in my ACPI folder looked through all the registers of my config file, and cannot find the offending string.
My thought is that it might be missing instead? here is the full last screen before the boot interrupts.

View attachment 12410
View attachment 12411
View attachment 12412
View attachment 12413

also I have attached my config and the whole efi folder.
Any pointers would be great!
Thank you all!
Send sysreport, use efi debug and flag true misc/debug/SysReport

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
has anyone gotten onboard audio to work on the X67E Creator?

all my front/rear USB ports and thunderbolt cold boot work perfectly since mapping my ports.

how can I add the "usb port" for audio to show up in USBToolBox,kext? should I go back to windows and plug in a speaker to the rear "lime" port and play some audio while I map everything again? will this properly populate the USB audio port?

my system won't wake from sleep without loosing ethernet (both 2.5 and 10 gig)/Wifi/USB Ports/Thunderbolt so I haven sleep disabled.

I suspect my USB Map is not complete (althugh again all USB ports are functioning perfectly, save for onboard audio.)

also, my internal NVMEs are showing uo as external.. which I think may be the true cuplrite for bricked sleep. I know how to change this, but I don't know how to MAP PCI lanes to NVME and I am reluctatnt to touch this for fear of bricking an otherwise very stable system)

any help would be much pareciated.

s34b4ss

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,
So I have managed to get further along after a long investigation with Asus, verifying that my mobo had some type of problem, and now I have a replacement with the correct bios 1602.
I restarted the whole process (reformatting everything, making new usb installer drive) and now with this efi I am able to boot the installer.
BUT now it freezes after about 7mins whether I am in the installer "about 17min remaining" or if I am in Disk Utility at about 7min no matter what I am doing mouse and computer freeze.
My thought is that this is a BIOS setup issue, so I wonder if one of the peops using this mobo, could post their disabled/enabled bios settings?
Thank you so much.

as a reminder I have:
Motherboard: Asus ProArt X670E Creator
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7650X
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
SSD: Samsung 990 Pro for MacOS, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB for Windows 11, WD Black SN 850X 1TB 1TB for Ubuntu Studio
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo Series (AMD Expo) 64GB 6000MT/s

s34b4ss

AMD OS X Member
Somehow got system up and running, after numerous restarts and nvram cleanings, using the .95 efi from drmeatball.
working on Monterey 12.6.4:
  • USB (using drmeatballs map)
  • gpu
  • 2.5G ethernet
  • all sata ports
  • iMessage
  • adobe apps
Not working:
  • onboard audio
  • onboard wifi
  • onboard bluetooth
  • 10G ethernet
  • Apple/Broacom bluetooth BCM_20702B0 (that worked fine on my last intel based hackintosh all the way up to Mojave and then has had trouble since Monterey)
  • Apple/Broacom Wifi BCM94360CD (same chip as on 2015 iMac 27"-that worked fine on my last intel based hackintosh all the way up to Mojave and then has had trouble since Monterey)
Not sure:
  • Thunderbolt/USB4

Any suggestions as to how to enable the wifi/bluetooth? the audio is less important as I use a basic Alesis USB AD/DA for this.
thanks again everyone.

ovenlite1

AMD OS X Member
Not working:
  • onboard audio
  • onboard wifi
  • onboard bluetooth
  • 10G ethernet
  • Apple/Broacom bluetooth BCM_20702B0 (that worked fine on my last intel based hackintosh all the way up to Mojave and then has had trouble since Monterey)
  • Apple/Broacom Wifi BCM94360CD (same chip as on 2015 iMac 27"-that worked fine on my last intel based hackintosh all the way up to Mojave and then has had trouble since Monterey)
Not sure:
  • Thunderbolt/USB4

Any suggestions as to how to enable the wifi/bluetooth? the audio is less important as I use a basic Alesis USB AD/DA for this.
thanks again everyone.
Hey! Sorry for the slow reply on your first post. Not enough time to be as active here as I'd like to be. I don't think the onboard MediaTek wifi/bluetooth is going to work, but I've had experience with the BCM94360CD, and that should work basically out of box. What kind of trouble are you experiencing?

s34b4ss

AMD OS X Member
so I see the BCM_20702B0 bluetooth in the system report, but it does not see any of the bluetooth devices around it, while the system says it is on. the BCM94360CD I does not seem to be seen by the system at all, so no wifi devices.
Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 1.15.02 PM.png
nothing here for wifi:
Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 1.24.51 PM.png
Now that you say you dont think the mediatek will work I will just turn it off for now.
I am going to try to setup CaseySJ's Aquantia patch to get the 10G ethernet work since that was one of the main reasons to get this motherboard.
Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 1.15.28 PM.png
(it only sees the 2.5G ethernet connection not the 10G)
The wifi is less important as I am connecting via Ethernet on the LAN between machines and the WAN Internet connection but the bluetooth is important for connecting my peripherals and it is making me crazy.
I have had this combined apple broadcom pcie board --which I bought to make my system work as an apple device-- for years, with Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave with Clover. I had to switch to Opencore, when I upgraded the graphics card of my last system and migrated to big sur, and since then it has become unstable/unreliable. the wifi worked sometimes and would randomly drop and the bluetooth similarly... very confused as to the issue, although it is possible that the board somehow died, I would be surprised... perhaps I have to find a similar apple hardware swap...
If anyone has a suggestion either usb or pcie that would be great.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
When running macOS Sonoma I would recommend using an Intel AX 210 WiFi/BT card, on a PCIe adapter card.

I am using both an Intel AX210 and AX200 card in a couple of Hacks, since upgrading them to Sonoma.

ovenlite1

AMD OS X Member
(it only sees the 2.5G ethernet connection not the 10G)
The wifi is less important as I am connecting via Ethernet on the LAN between machines and the WAN Internet connection but the bluetooth is important for connecting my peripherals and it is making me crazy.
it's fairly easy to get that patch going, best of luck! But if I can find a bit of time, I'm going to try and post an updated EFI that also has the 10G ethernet.

Also, like @Edhawk mentioned, and what I've got posted in my specs, I've had good experiences with the intel cards! Using an adapter to slot it into an NVME slot since I have so many spares and I didn't feel like trying to dig out the stock MediaTek one to replace it.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you are ever going to replace the built-in Wifi/BT card on a motherboard, it is best to do so before you install it. As usually removing the metal shroud and any decorative/LED covers requires access to the back of the motherboard.

It is why I have two ASUS motherboards containing MediaTek WiFi/BT cards, which have been disabled in the bios. As removing the motherboard now I have the OS's installed etc. isn't something I want to do.

ovenlite1

AMD OS X Member
If you are ever going to replace the built-in Wifi/BT card on a motherboard, it is best to do so before you install it. As usually removing the metal shroud and any decorative/LED covers requires access to the back of the motherboard.

It is why I have two ASUS motherboards containing MediaTek WiFi/BT cards, which have been disabled in the bios. As removing the motherboard now I have the OS's installed etc. isn't something I want to do.
Manufacturers have made it such a pain these days! I appreciate a good looking motherboard but I wish it didn't come at the expense of accessibility. My brother in law has a Gigabyte B550 Vision DP and the wireless card is right under a pcie slot but completely open and replaceable. I thought it was brilliant placement!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Sounds like a better, more accessible location.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

can you link to the Alesis USB device you are using for audio?

if I ever move my X670E creator from my Home Theater setup, I am gg to need a workiung audio solution, and I would like as many opytions as possible.

s34b4ss

AMD OS X Member
Ok well that was eventful...
first I want to state that I am on Monterey 12.6.4 running on Opencore .96 based on drmeatballs .95 folder (have been hesitant to update to 12.7.1 but will try it shortly after a full disk image)

So things that randomly happened since last post:
Current state before updates/upgrades...
Spotlight Search Causes Kernel Panic... although this seems to be only in specific areas so we will see. (ie when searching all of the mounted disks verses just the system disk; checked if any of my drives where corrupted and didn't find anything).
currently have 3x 2 HD raid 0 volumes (2 on internal sata, 1 on usb 3.2 dock) + 2 individual HDs in another 3.2 dock, and 3 M2 drives including 990 sys drive, 980 and WB black drives.)

Got the Asus Ax3000 wifi/bluetooth as per recommendations here. removed old apple broadcom card.
Installed CaseyJ's aquantia patch 2, for 10G ethernet.
removed all broadcom related KEXT files.
Added Intel Bluetooth v2.3.0 kext,
and boom everything went coocoo.
system took 10min to boot, refused to load external USBs, and most importantly lost the ethernet port.
everything was running super slow and a lot of services broke... (although most of it due to lack of network)

So...
returned to previous EFI folder
in Config
  • I reinstalled CaseJ's aquaintas patch 1 and turned off 2.
  • Removed all broadcom related KEXT,
  • installed the 3 intel bluetooth kexts.
turned off:
  • itlwm.kext
  • AirportItlwm.kext
  • IntelMausi.kext
In Bios Made sure built in wifi and bluetooth where off,
reboot and boom,
  • normal boot,
  • 2.5G ethernet is back,
  • but still no 10G ethernet
  • Asus Ax3000 bluetooth works!!!
  • but Asus Ax3000 wifi does not
So I still need help getting the 10G and the wifi to work... I am probably missing something but will update when I find the holes...

Galve2000: can you link to the Alesis USB device you are using for audio?​

The Alesis USB device I am using is the Alesis MultiMix 4 USB FX | 4 Channel Compact Studio Mixer >> (I think it might be discontinued) it just shows up as USBAUDIO CODEC in the sound preferences.

thank you so much everyone.
S

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.