ASUS X570 ProArt CREATOR WiFi

MonsterMunchkin

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone tried Hackintosh-ing this motherboard? planning to change my MSI x570 tomahawk motherboard to this one.
MSI has a lot of weird bugs on Monterey OS. 2nd M.2 slot not working, wifi and ethernet not working. tho I'm there's a thread about the ethernet thing on MSI boards but too hesitant to try back flashing my BIOS on a working Monterey OS.

one selling part of the creator motherboard is the USB slots and thunderbolt 4 which I totally need for my workstation.

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I have it coupled with a 5950X and was able to install Catalina on it.

Must confess I didn’t try anything advanced since then and the build is still somewhere in my basement :)

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm typing this on my x570 Creator and can say it's a pretty easy install..

I use the Fenvi T919 for BlueTooth and Wifi b/c I like handoff and continuity features but was told that the onboard wifi works well. I'm not sure about onboard BT.

I even have thunderbolt working (tho not hot plug -- only devices plugged in prior to boot up work, but when they do they are VERY fast).

the 2.5 gig Lan works too tho I haven't enabled mine or installed whatever kext or SSDT is needed to make it work, but you can do it. honestly I think I 'm just missing the "e1000=0" boot arg and no kext orSSDT is needed.

the Aquantia 10 Gig Lan port does not work in Monterey. I have not spent much time troubleshooting it but my understanding is that the 10 gig card needs some sort of virtualization features specific to intel and that AMDs proprietary solution does not work with the Aquantia. YMMV

Sleep is a little bit funny so I never use it. I feel like if my system sleeps for more than 20-25 min my system has trouble waking up. one time I even had to unseat the ram to get it to boot after it failed to wake from sleep. perhaps a reset CMOS would have worked too. but my lesson was learned. my hackintosh runs 24-7 and I shut it down once a week or so for rest.

I used an EFI from Audiogod's ASUS X570 build found in this thread with a few modest changes.

i'm still using OC 0.8.0 but it runs rock solid and was able to system upgrade from Monterey 12.4 to 12.5 and 12.6 using software upgrade so I see no reason to mess with OC until I want to upgrade to Ventura.

Last edited:

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Great to read!

Can I ask you to post your setup and if possible your Efi? That would be fantastic!!

Thanks

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.