Asus Tuf x570, 6800xt, 5900x 32gb ram, 2x NVme drive Duel boot Monterey and Win 11 - Works perfect!

Hotrock

AMD OS X Member
Just want to say thanks to this forum and guides on opencore Dortanias guide, my first build has gone great. Using the open core guide, I have installed Mac ox Monterey 12.5.1 all working perfectly and Windows 11 pro with all secuity features including tpm2 working! Don't know if its just beginner's luck, but I have experienced no errors or problems with bios setting or installation. Both operating systems work flawlessly. I have win 11 on one drive and macos on the other drive. In the Bios I have disabled the windows drive so it never boots to Windows, always to open core bootloader where I can select windows or MacOS.
I have had no Bios settings problems or had to unplug drives when using the different operating systems and windows has updated several times and I have not had any problems with the macOS. It's gone so smoothly I cannot believe it. I now have a macOS for music and photo editing and a powerful Pc for gaming and general use.
Due to all the mentions of Windows possible destroying the MACOS I am now looking for a good way to back up both drives to ensure if that does ever happen, I can restore it.
I tried Proxmox before, but its a real pain with the passthrough to the Graphic card, bare metal duel boot is working great on this firmware which is as follows:
ASUS TUF x570 plus WIFI
AMD 5900x CPU
AMD 6800xt gaming trio
32gb Patriot 3200 ram
2x 1000gb NVme drives
Be quiet dark cooling system

If anyone wants the perfect Duel boot system, I'm happy to share Bios setting, EFI files etc.

Thanks

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Good work on your part, selecting compatible components goes a long way to making the Hackintosh installation much easier and straightforward.

Regarding backups for Monterey, I would recommend you have a read of this post over on the Bombich (Carbon Copy Cloner) site.

They have a method for creating macOS Monterey backups, it is just not as simple as the previous methods used with Catalina and earlier.

lawrence.pws

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I have the same spacs as yours, I tried installing Monterey 12.4 / 12.5 / 12.5.1 , but have no luck with going in the installation interface.

I have followed the OpenCore guide to change the BIOS settings in my Asus Tuf Gaming x570 plus wifi mb, also tried different EFI pkg I can find related to Asus tuf X570 mb, changed different macpro model in Sysinfo, so far has no progress to go into the Monterey installation interface after 5 days.

Would you mind sharing your EFI pkg and let me check if there is any I might have missed. Much appreciate your help.

Hotrock

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I have the same spacs as yours, I tried installing Monterey 12.4 / 12.5 / 12.5.1 , but have no luck with going in the installation interface.

I have followed the OpenCore guide to change the BIOS settings in my Asus Tuf Gaming x570 plus wifi mb, also tried different EFI pkg I can find related to Asus tuf X570 mb, changed different macpro model in Sysinfo, so far has no progress to go into the Monterey installation interface after 5 days.

Would you mind sharing your EFI pkg and let me check if there is any I might have missed. Much appreciate your help.
Hi
Sorry for the slow reply, did you get it sorted or do you still need my EFI. Happy to post it up.

jackokie

AMD OS X Member
Just want to say thanks to this forum and guides on opencore Dortanias guide, my first build has gone great. Using the open core guide, I have installed Mac ox Monterey 12.5.1 all working perfectly and Windows 11 pro with all secuity features including tpm2 working! Don't know if its just beginner's luck, but I have experienced no errors or problems with bios setting or installation. Both operating systems work flawlessly. I have win 11 on one drive and macos on the other drive. In the Bios I have disabled the windows drive so it never boots to Windows, always to open core bootloader where I can select windows or MacOS.
I have had no Bios settings problems or had to unplug drives when using the different operating systems and windows has updated several times and I have not had any problems with the macOS. It's gone so smoothly I cannot believe it. I now have a macOS for music and photo editing and a powerful Pc for gaming and general use.
Due to all the mentions of Windows possible destroying the MACOS I am now looking for a good way to back up both drives to ensure if that does ever happen, I can restore it.
I tried Proxmox before, but its a real pain with the passthrough to the Graphic card, bare metal duel boot is working great on this firmware which is as follows:
ASUS TUF x570 plus WIFI
AMD 5900x CPU
AMD 6800xt gaming trio
32gb Patriot 3200 ram
2x 1000gb NVme drives
Be quiet dark cooling system

If anyone wants the perfect Duel boot system, I'm happy to share Bios setting, EFI files etc.

Thanks
Hi! Could you please share the EFI with me? Email: jackokie@gmail.com. Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.