Asrock X570 Creator

ashand

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

Is anyone use the OC EFI from here : https://github.com/nos1609/AMD_OC_Ryzen
And it worked for him??
Im stuck on Apple logo...and if using -v I'm booting to a black screen...
My HW:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Asrock X570 creator
64GB mem
Radeon 7

if someone succeeded please help me ! :)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'd recommend starting with the dortania guide and once it works and you understand it you can take the things from that repo to complete your EFI.

That repo is anyway too old since you'll need at least OpenCore 0.6.4 for Zen 3.

ashand

AMD OS X Member
I'd recommend starting with the dortania guide and once it works and you understand it you can take the things from that repo to complete your EFI.

That repo is anyway too old since you'll need at least OpenCore 0.6.4 for Zen 3.
Thank you

I have followed the guide, the install boot and I can see the install screen but after a while everything is freezes...what can be the issue?

ashand

AMD OS X Member
Alway when try to erase NVME it stuck, sometimes even doing nothing it will stuck...CPU related? NVME related?

Attachments

• IMG_.jpg
    IMG_.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 9

teseraph

AMD OS X Member
I've had similar problems during my installation on basically this config. For me I'm pretty sure it was USB related, because when I put the installer USB drive into a different port everything went through eventually. A little try and error. It would also strongly advise not to attach all your hard drives and/or PCI cards and/or external stuff during installation. Only the most basic stuff that you need. You can build from there as soon as it base system runs smooth.

You can also find a little newer version of the EFI here: https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/big-sur-on-x570-creator-sleep-wake-works.815/ in Post #1 (v2). It is based on OC 0.6.0, but CaseySJ made some improvements from our older work you tried to use for your EFI.

Last edited:

ashand

AMD OS X Member
I've had similar problems during my installation on basically this config. For me I'm pretty sure it was USB related, because when I put the installer USB drive into a different port everything went through eventually. A little try and error. It would also strongly advise not to attach all your hard drives and/or PCI cards and/or external stuff during installation. Only the most basic stuff that you need. You can build from there as soon as it base system runs smooth.
thanks for your reply

yes i have nothing but mouse and keyboard + USB drive and of course NVME...nothing else...i have tried different ports but nothing helped...still trying :)

I did something else, cloning my MBP to an SSD and put the EFI, I could boot the system on my PC but again after a while the system freeze...:(

Last edited:

ashand

AMD OS X Member
thanks for your reply

yes i have nothing but mouse and keyboard + USB drive and of course NVME...nothing else...i have tried different ports but nothing helped...still trying :)

I did something else, cloning my MBP to an SSD and put the EFI, I could boot the system on my PC but again after a while the system freeze...:(
attaching the log is someone can understand what's going on...

Attachments

• opencore-2021-01-21-131553.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2

ashand

AMD OS X Member

You can also find a little newer version of the EFI here: https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/big-sur-on-x570-creator-sleep-wake-works.815/ in Post #1 (v2). It is based on OC 0.6.0, but CaseySJ made some improvements from our older work you tried to use for your EFI.
Yes I have tried that EFI my system not boot even...the best EFI is the one I currently have but freezings after a while...

OK I used the EFI folder on page 2 and no freezing however system is missing many things ...:) going to search for more help
thanks

Last edited:

KemikalHalo

AMD OS X Member
Hi, You can try my EFI, I m successfully running Monterrey 12.5 and everything works, I haven't tried sleep because it's an always on for serving some media files. You may have to update the booting for your video card, I needed the agdpmod=pikera for my video card to work right. However it is stable as hell and I'm going on 90 days plus without a reboot now. It also may need some cleanup because I've been updating since High Sierra so there may be some kexts I don't need anymore, but if it isn't broke why fix it.

About_This_Mac.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 19

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
USB 3.2 x2 at 20 Gbs too ?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.