Anyone else getting intermittent freezes in 11.4?

MadMax1998

AMD OS X Member
Alright guys, I've ben on 11.4 for a few weeks and I have to say that macOS sucks right now. It was rock solid and stable before the update, but now I'm getting random 20-second UI freezes when doing on of those things:

• connect/disconnect Bluetooth earphones via the BT icon
  • access the "most recently used" files list from the menu
  • play a video in MPV and exit
  • random clicks on the menu bar

I also get 1-2 second freezes when:

• playing a session in Studio One (the UI will stop animating, but sound keeps playing)
  • doing anything in Affinity Photo (UI locks up with beachball cursor for 2-5 seconds), this does NOT happen in Photoshop!

Next to that the dreaded (to me) wallpaper bug is back, where I change my wallpaper but after rebooting, the old picture will be back. This was not an issue since 11.0 but has now returned with 11.4 -- not sure if this is relevant to the version since this bug has been around for ages.

Can anyone else confirm that 11.4 is particularly sensitive?

EDIT: Oh yeah... OC 0.6.6, (not so) recent AMD patches, X570 board, Ryzen 5600X, Radeon 5700XT, 16 GB RAM, Samsung SATA SSD

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.