Any successes with the crazy ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Extreme? Especially with the AQC113CS??

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hello....I was thinking on upgrading my system to this board, or should I stick to what I have or what?....any suggestion?
Idk with the rest of your components doesn't this board facilitate or justify a nearly-full system upgrade? I don't think that a 2700X would be so useful to take full advantage of the feature-set... and unless you have very good low-latency DDR4 RAM it just wouldn't be an adequate upgrade, an ROG Strix-X570E II would be a better choice...

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello....I was thinking on upgrading my system to this board, or should I stick to what I have or what?....any suggestion?

Buying a 800$ Motherboard for a 100$ CPU is a big waste of money. At this point in time, if you consider an upgrade but don't need it right now, wait for Zen 4 this summer. Complete new AM5 Socket with DDR5 and PCIe gen 5, and Zen 4 will bring about a 30% performance improvement over Zen 3, or more than 60% over your Zen 1+.

Alvinmark

AMD OS X Member
I don't have an I-225V, but given the i225LM is natively supported by macOS, I'd expect it would work on Monterey as well. Because the SmallTree Kext does not operate with Monterey, the I211AT did not run.

If you're concerned about compatibility, install Monterey alongside Big Sur on a fresh APFS drive and dual boot until you're confident that everything works. You may find out more information by clicking here.:)

Last edited:

cemalsur

AMD OS X Member
The Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme is an excellent option for those looking for the best that X570 has to offer. The board has top-notch power delivery, comprehensive high-end features and premium looks. If you’re after a flagship-class motherboard for AMD Ryzen , this board is for you. riteaid survey surveyzop

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did you copy that from ASUS's marketing material?

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Does anyone know if TB 4 works in Big Sur or Monterey? I've lost my mind and am considering building a HackPro1,1 with this MoBo bc I want TB 4 support.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Does anyone know if TB 4 works in Big Sur or Monterey? I've lost my mind and am considering building a HackPro1,1 with this MoBo bc I want TB 4 support.
Same here that's what interests me too.

beembuilds

AMD OS X Member
Idk with the rest of your components doesn't this board facilitate or justify a nearly-full system upgrade? I don't think that a 2700X would be so useful to take full advantage of the feature-set... and unless you have very good low-latency DDR4 RAM it just wouldn't be an adequate upgrade, an ROG Strix-X570E II would be a better choice... regards digimarkcentral
Does anyone know if TB 4 works in Big Sur or Monterey? I've lost my mind and am considering building a HackPro1,1 with this MoBo bc I want TB 4 support. more details check here buildsuperpc check more on site

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
TB4 should have drivers in Monterey since it ships with the new Mac Studio (which has TB4).

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.