Any benefits to the Mac Pro SMBIOS & Catalina?

awediohead

AMD OS X Member
So I have a few old Haswell builds I maintain for my family, slowly converting them over to OC from Clover, and my personal machine, a more recent Ryzen 3600 build on OC 0.5.8. As a Mac user since '91 I have never felt any sense of urgency to have the latest OS version installed, but obviously using a Mac Pro SMBIOS means I would have to install Catalina. So I'm wondering if there's any additional benefit in the sense that the Catalina OS is maybe better set up to deal with the internal upgrades typical of a tower build (as opposed to pretending to have an iMac etc.) - or maybe to deal more efficiently with multi core CPU's?

Since all these hackintoshes are pretty reliable at present, and I do use some 32bit plugins and utilities, I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of Catalina, since I'm going to be switching over from Clover it might be more efficient to do fresh installs with OC and Catalina - on the other hand keeping everything on Mojave or High Sierra (with NVIDIA GFX) and just switching to OC is likely to be a much smoother process. Would value hearing people's thoughts and experiences?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.