Hi Folks!

I have already:

Ryzen 5950x
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII EXTREME X570

I need a compatible GPU that matches the following criteria:
  • Only music production (DAW), no video, no gaming, no motion
  • Mojave is a must for me.
  • Silent, passive (if possible)
  • At least one Dual Link DVI (for Apple Cinema 30: 2560×1600)
  • Two DVI would be better. I wanna send the same picture to two rooms. But this I can achieve with an DVI Dual Link Splitter.
Use case
  • I want to control the computer from two rooms, both equipped with an Apple Cinema 30
  • One room is close to the computer.
  • The second room is 30m away.
  • I planed to buy a LINDY Fibre Optic DVI-D Dual Link Extender, in order to connect the computer with the 2nd Apple screen, that is 30m away. In theory, this should work, since LINDY says it is Dual Link DVI. But who knows.

Alternative Solution B:
If I don't find a silent GPU with 2 DVIs, or that LINDY extender does't work, got to control the computer from the second room on my Mac Mini via Shared Screen / ethernet (worst case).

Alternative Solution C:
If there is really no silent GPU, then please propose a GPU with 2 DVIs.

Thanks

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I had a 7770 briefly, found complicated Apps to lag significantly.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Nvidia GT 710 is a silent card, with HDMI, DVI and VGA connectors. This Kepler series card may work for your dual screen setup, with a HDMI to DVI adapter/cable. This is a link to a search page on Amazon.co.uk for a HDMI to DVI adapter - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=hdmi+t...o+DVI,computers,49&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_11

I have the Asus GT 710 2GB card linked below, it works fine in High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.

Amazon.co.uk have these silent dGPU's on sate for just under £75 (double what I paid in 2019!) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-GT710-SL-2GD5-BRK-GeForce-Graphics-Brackets/dp/B07489XSJP?th=1

I'm not sure what is currently available where you live but if you search for 'ASUS GT710-SL-2GD5' you should be OK.

Davorr

AMD OS X Member
Thanks friends.
I think I’ll try with 730 or 710.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hi Folks!

I have already:

Ryzen 5950x
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII EXTREME X570

I need a compatible GPU that matches the following criteria:
  • Only music production (DAW), no video, no gaming, no motion
  • Mojave is a must for me.
  • Silent, passive (if possible)
  • At least one Dual Link DVI (for Apple Cinema 30: 2560×1600)
  • Two DVI would be better. I wanna send the same picture to two rooms. But this I can achieve with an DVI Dual Link Splitter.
Use case
  • I want to control the computer from two rooms, both equipped with an Apple Cinema 30
  • One room is close to the computer.
  • The second room is 30m away.
  • I planed to buy a LINDY Fibre Optic DVI-D Dual Link Extender, in order to connect the computer with the 2nd Apple screen, that is 30m away. In theory, this should work, since LINDY says it is Dual Link DVI. But who knows.

Alternative Solution B:
If I don't find a silent GPU with 2 DVIs, or that LINDY extender does't work, got to control the computer from the second room on my Mac Mini via Shared Screen / ethernet (worst case).

Alternative Solution C:
If there is really no silent GPU, then please propose a GPU with 2 DVIs.

Thanks
Hi there! I‘ve noticed that you are running a CROSSHAIR VIII Extreme. I personally am a bit nerdy about this board and would also love to give it a try sometime in the future… that’s why I have a few questions if you don’t mind me asking:
Do both your LAN ports work? I know the Intel one is more easy to configure with the fakeID, but as the AQC113 has native macOS support too, did you get away with another fakeIP spoof for the AQC113CS? That would help me out a ton to know of BOTH NICs work here!
Last but not least: What ist the situation with the two TB4 ports? These intrigue me a lot as the TB support in the community has fluctuated to varying degrees over the past few years, so I thought it would be good to ask you as the music producer if you’re running these with any success… :)

Thanks for taking the time to read my reply and I’d love to get to know your experience with it!

Cheers!

PS.: Have your USB-A ports been doing fine as well? As there are only eight on the rear panel, was there any issue with these working?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.