A bit scared of updating to 12.3

askunk

AMD OS X Member
I have successfully updated to OC 0.7.9 (OC Auxillary Tool is amazing!), have enabled SIP and got Sys Prefs asking me to update to 12.3.

However, just as a precaution, I tried to launch the 12.3 full installer from a bootable USB with my working EFI and it got stuck twice during boot. Does this mean I will get stuck during the update, as well?

What should I do if that happens? Will I be able to access the recovery partition and resume the old TM backup? I do not have the 12.2 installer, therefore I am scared I won't be able to install macOS from scratch, in case I need to.

AMD 5900X
Asus TUF Gaming Plus x570 (no wifi)
Asus 6600XT
Fenvi T919
Seagate Firecuda 2TB NvME

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
I have successfully updated to OC 0.7.9 (OC Auxillary Tool is amazing!), have enabled SIP and got Sys Prefs asking me to update to 12.3.

However, just as a precaution, I tried to launch the 12.3 full installer from a bootable USB with my working EFI and it got stuck twice during boot. Does this mean I will get stuck during the update, as well?

What should I do if that happens? Will I be able to access the recovery partition and resume the old TM backup? I do not have the 12.2 installer, therefore I am scared I won't be able to install macOS from scratch, in case I need to.

AMD 5900X
Asus TUF Gaming Plus x570 (no wifi)
Asus 6600XT
Fenvi T919
Seagate Firecuda 2TB Nv

Add this kext to your EFI

askunk

AMD OS X Member
Done. Thank you! I initially forgot to refresh my config.plist :D
The full installer actually starts now, but it leads to the recovery GUI. Not sure whether this is a good sign or not.
I was expecting a macOS installer window, instead I find the typical "restore from backup - reinstall macOS - etc." options window.

Would you suggest me to run the update or am I still at risk that it falls as well into the recovery mode?

askunk

AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.