5900x - RX6800 black screen

Kushino

AMD OS X Member
Hi, as the title suggests, im having this problem: the computer shows a blackscreen after a lot of verbose strings.

Ryzen 9 5900x
Asus B550M Plus
Samsung 980 pro 512gb
32gb ram (16gb x 2) 3200MHz
AMD Radeon RX6800

Thanks in advance!

Here's the efi + some screens (cant make em better, i've used the slowmo on my phone, the screen is refreshing way too fast):1.jpg2.jpg

Attachments

• config(2).plist
    43.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your EFI folder, not just your config.plist. As the config.plist doesn't tell the whole story when reviewing a borked hack.

Kushino

AMD OS X Member
sorry, the site didnt let me upload the zip
here’s the git repo

nb: the config is a little bit different from the one i provided here, the newest is this one(not the github one)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
All you need to do is compress/zip the EFI folder, to be able to attach it to a post on this site.

I have downloaded the config.plist from your Github site and made a number of changes, cleaning it up and adding some standard boot arguments etc.

One of the boot arguments I have added is 'npci=0x3000'. I have added this as you don't state whether you have enabled Above 4G Decoding in your bios. I have assumed you haven't.

You can use this config with your system, after you have added the SMBIOS Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID entries. I would recommend you generate a SMBIOS for a MacPro7,1. I assume you know how to do this.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6 KB · Views: 4

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Just so you know what you are working towards, I have attached a screenshot showing the EFI folder contents for a B550/12-core/AMD GPU system.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 23.05.45.png Use this screenshot as a base for creating your own OpenCore EFI.

The SSDT's (except SSDT-CPUR.aml) were all generated using the system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script.

Kushino

AMD OS X Member
I tried your config.plist, but nothing changes.

Instead, regarding the screenshot, the only thing that changes is the absence of the .aml files.

Anyway, previously I had a config for Ventura, which didn't need all those .aml files that are in the screenshot.

I also removed npci=0x3000 cause i have above 4g enabled in the bios.
Im attaching the current efi.
I cant figure out why it goes black like after 15 seconds.
Thanks!
PS: the problem yesterday was safari, now with Firefox I was able to upload the zip file.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.