13.4.1 and OC 0.9.3 issue

askunk

AMD OS X Member
Hey there,

I'm successfully running Ventura 13.4.1 with OC 0.9.2.

I have updated the EFI with the latest kexts and OC 0.9.3 but the computer reboots continuously. Strangely, OC Auxillary tool tells me the EFI is compliant with OC 0.9.3.

I had to go back to 0.9.2, so no big trouble for me.

I'm just curious to understand what happened, in order to upgrade OC eventually.

Thanks!

@

AMD 5900X
Asus 6600XT
32GB DDR4 3200
Asus TUF Gaming plus x570 (no wifi)
Fenvi Wifi & BT
2 TB Firecuda 520 SSD

askunk

AMD OS X Member
It got stuck a couple of times on the AMD CPU check. Have the AMD patches been updated in the last month or so? Not easy to understand on Github.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes, the latest AMD Kernel Patches are dated 13th June 2023. So they were updated less than two weeks ago.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
If that occurs, I would say here that OCAT could be the culprit. There have been times I've tried when despite having pressed the relevant switches to upgrade the OC and kexts in OCAT, it failed to do so when I checked the EFI folder. It's probably a mismatched OC 0.9.2 file that hasn't been replaced.
Also you should also check if AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement, SMCAMDProcessor & SMCSuperIO.kext has been enabled and SMCProcessor has been disabled, that they are all loading after Lilu, WEG & VirtualSMC near the top of the kexts list, and whether you have SSDT-CPUR.aml enabled for your 5900X.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.