十x570 hero dark 5950x Ask for help

HuYe

AMD OS X Member
Hi @AudioGod, I've been using the efi you created, except that because I'm using an x570 hero dark motherboard, I don't always feel like I'm getting enough performance, and then there's a bit of a microcard, and the usb customization always gives me errors. I don't know if this is a problem with my hardware or the efi. I will list my equipment and hope to get your pointers, thank you.
Motherboard: asus x570 hero dark (wi-fi)
Menu: amd 5950x
RAM sticks:g-skill 3600 16*2
graphics card:asus tuf 6900xt
network card:bcm94360cd

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Posting a copy of your EFI might be helpful. That way people can see what you are using and just as importantly what you are not using to boot macOS on your system.

Questions:
  1. As you have a Broadcom WiFi/BT card installed, can you confirm if you have physically removed the original Intel WiFi/BT card or disabled it in the Bios?
  2. Are both the Broadcom and Intel WiFi/BT cards active?
  3. Is the Broadcom WiFi/BT card mounted on a PCIe adapter?
  4. Have you connected the adapter to one of the USB2 internal headers, so the BCM Bluetooth works, have you included this port in your USB configuration?
  5. The M.2 WiFi Connector on the motherboard will also support a USB 2.0 port for the BT module. Have you Enabled/Disabled this Internal port in your USB configuration?
  6. Which type of drive(s) are you using SATA SSD or HDD, M.2 NVMe?
  7. How many drives and which OS's are you booting?
  8. Do both your Ethernet ports work with your current setup?
  9. Does your ROG Supreme Audio work correctly with your current setup?
Answering these questions will help us better understand how your system is configured. It will help us identify any issues that might arise due to clashes and miss-matches etc.

HuYe

AMD OS X Member
Thank you, I am using a pcie bcm94360cd network card and then a separate bluetooth usb2.0 interface. The motherboard has built-in wifi and bluetooth disabled. My system disk is a corsair mp600 pcie4.0 ssd. only macos a system.
The onboard 2.5g NIC is now driveable.
The problem now is that 1. it always feels like it lags from time to time after entering the system, but it doesn't seem to affect usage, but there is always a problem. I think this is a problem with my efi configuration.
2, I have two version problems using the port custom usbmaps in the forum. Using the current usbmaps, bluetooth can be used, but the 4 blue ports on the back of the motherboard usb can not be used.
Then I replaced the other versions of usbmaps in the forum and the rear ports worked, but the bluetooth was not working.
3. the graphics card and cpu feel like they are not being used very well, I am doing post editing work.

So the above problem, I have been following the forum for a long time � I have replaced numerous efi's with different problems, so I hope @AudioGod god will help me to optimize the efi to achieve his maximum performance.

motherboard: asus x570 hero dark (c8dh)
cpu: amd 5950x
ram: g-skill 3600 16*2
graphics card: asus tuf 6900xt
NIC: bcm94360cd
ssd: corsair mp600 pcie4.0
oc 0.8.7
macos ventura13.1

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which port is the Broadcom Bluetooth module connected to?
The only Bluetooth device mentioned in your USBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist is the Intel Bluetooth on XHC1 > PRT6.
This is enabled in the USBMap.kext, so it will clash with the Broadcom BT module.
If you disable this port then the Intel Bluetooth will not impact on the Broadcom BT module.

You have a lot of USB2 ports set with connector Type (0). This would be fine if your system actually contained some Physical USB 2.0 ports, but it doesn't.
Tthe USB2 ports fall under the following connector types:
  • Served from a physical USB3 port, should be set with connector type (3) to match the physical port.
  • Served from an Internal USB3 header, i.e. U32G1_1011 etc. should be set with connector type (3).
  • Served from Internal USB2 header or LED controller, set with connector type (255).
  • Served from a Type-C header or external port, set with connector type to match the Type-C designation (9 or 10).
None of the USB2 ports in your system should be set as USB2 with the connector Type (0), ever.

The 4 x USB2 ports under XHC0 > PRT1, PRT2, PRT3 and PRT4 should all be set with connector type '3', not '0' as they currently are. As they are served from 4 x physical USB3 ports.

The 2 x USB2 ports under XHC0 2 > PRT1 and PRT2 should be set with connector type '3', not '0' as they currently are. As they are served from the USB3 header.

XHC0 2 > PRT6 is an unknown, it seems to be an orphan port set as USB2. You or whoever created this kext hasn't added a comment that easily describes the port type or location.

The 5 x USB2 ports under XHC1 > PRT1, PRT2, PRT3, PRT4 and PRT5, are again unknowns. All I do know is they shouldn't be set with connector Type '0', as they are not physical USB2 ports. PRT6 is set as Internal with connector type '255' (Intel Bluetooth). So it may be that some of these ports are served from the Internal USB2 header(s). One may be your Broadcom Bluetooth module. That being the case they should be set with connector type '255', not '0'.

It is fairly easy to edit a USBMap.kext, all you need is a Plist Editor and the knowledge of which ports to edit.
  1. Right-click on the USBMap.kext,
  2. Select 'Show Package Contents' from the menu displayed
  3. Open the Contents folder and you will see the Info.plist that contains the USB Port Configuration data.
  4. Double click on the info.plist and it should open with your default Plist editor.
  5. Edit the plist to suit your requirements and when finished make sure you save the plist.
  6. It is helpful to create a copy of the Kext or Plist you are editing in case you have to return to the previous setup, if you make a mistake in the editing.
Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 22.14.56.png Right-click menu with 'Show Package Contents' highlighted

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 22.16.21.png Finder window showing Contents folder and info.plist from USBMap.kext

I use Corpnewt's ProperTree app when editing plist's. This can be downloaded from his GitHub page linked below. You need to install Python to use ProperTree. It can be set to work as an App from the Applications folder or in Terminal just by double-clicking the ProperTree.command.

I will leave @AudioGod to deal with your EFI refinement.

Hope this is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.