Update from 14.3.1 to 14.4

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Anyone else have problem updating to 14.4?
I tried via the update offered by Sonoma. No Go.
I tried downloading the whole 14.4 update and then running it. No Go.
I tried creating an installation USB. Again No Go.

System in the end boots back to 14.3.1.

Is there any trick I should do to get this updated to 14.4?

karatefylla

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem. I get this:

update_error.png

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I had to prepare a complete USB stick with AirportItlwm-Sonoma14.4-v2.3.0-DEBUG and set SecureBootModel Disabled (after installation I put it back to Default)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Disable the Intel WiFi/BT kexts in your OC setup. There are some known issues with the Intel Kexts and latest macOS release, as Apple have changed something in the new version.

Then try downloading and running the update from System Settings > General > Software Update.

You can then add the latest versions of the kexts to your OC setup, once you have Sonoma 14,4 installed.

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks. I will try tomorrow and let you know.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Disable the Intel WiFi/BT kexts in your OC setup. There are some known issues with the Intel Kexts and latest macOS release, as Apple have changed something in the new version.

Then try downloading and running the update from System Settings > General > Software Update.

You can then add the latest versions of the kexts to your OC setup, once you have Sonoma 14,4 installed.
Hi thank you for the advice? i've done what you said, but something goes wrong for me Since i have tried to udpdate with the kext , the mac Os installer stays in my OC boot. I removed them try again, but it can finish the installation and reboot to the sonoma disk leaving the installer on his side. I ve updated to OC 099 but nothing.
What are the basic boot argument ?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Basic boot arguments are these:

-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100

These will show Verbose text and keep the system from rebooting so you can see the final section of Verbose text id and
when the system kernel panics.

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So, I have finally managed to update the system to 14.4.

The steps I followed are the following:

1. Updated Opencore to 0.99.
2. Removed/disabled any kexts related to wifi and bluetooth. (Airportltlwm, BluetoolFixup, IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher).
3. Set securebootmodel to Disabled.
4. Downloaded and run the whole 14.4 installation file (13+GB) from the app store.
5. After installation I re-enabled the wifi and BT kexts BUT replaced the AirportItlwm.kext with the one for Sonoma14.4-v2.3.0-DEBUG. If you don't do this, the system will keep rebooting everytime you try to get to the desktop.
6. Set securebootmodel back to Default.

@Edhawk and @baronerosso I thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-03-13, 12.02.36 μμ.png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-03-13, 12.02.36 μμ.png
    2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So, I have finally managed to update the system to 14.4.

The steps I followed are the following:

1. Updated Opencore to 0.99.
2. Removed/disabled any kexts related to wifi and bluetooth. (Airportltlwm, BluetoolFixup, IntelBluetoothFirmware, IntelBTPatcher).
3. Set securebootmodel to Disabled.
4. Downloaded and run the whole 14.4 installation file (13+GB) from the app store.
5. After installation I re-enabled the wifi and BT kexts BUT replaced the AirportItlwm.kext with the one for Sonoma14.4-v2.3.0-DEBUG. If you don't do this, the system will keep rebooting everytime you try to get to the desktop.
6. Set securebootmodel back to Default.

@Edhawk and @baronerosso I thank you very much for your help.
it gave an error with secureboot modele. i am on MacPro7.1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Did you use the ResetNvramEntry driver after disabling SecureBootModel?

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
no, but i'am missing something. Because if ido it before i can't even boot. How to do it ? Can i PM you my EFI ?
I can't neither update from the system, i have downloaded f14,4 from the Apple store

Last edited:

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Done.
the key -for me-- was to boot with Security Default then download from the App store Sonoma14.4 and go to OpenCore Configurator change Security to Disable.
and follow the recommendation above

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 09.59.18.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 09.59.18.png
    89 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Anyone else have problem updating to 14.4?
I tried via the update offered by Sonoma. No Go.
I tried downloading the whole 14.4 update and then running it. No Go.
I tried creating an installation USB. Again No Go.

System in the end boots back to 14.3.1.

Is there any trick I should do to get this updated to 14.4?
I do.

Granted, it's a build with Intel WiFi/Bt and I225V Ethernet which is unstable, so I disabled all of that prior to the restart and it still reboots pretty soon in the loading progress bar.

No idea what is happening (file logs show nothing) and I pretty much gave up, spent way too much time on Sonoma as it is.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I read that Apple have changed something to do with USB Hubs, so existing USB configurations may not work in Sonoma 14.4 as they did in 14.3.1 and earlier versions of macOS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.