Help me with RTL8125

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm currently on OC 0.9.3 and ventura 13.5.1, GPU is working, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are working even if without apple continuity.
I'm becoming crazy to have the integrated LAN card Realtek 2.5GbE working. The chipset is RTL8125, I see it in the entries in PCIe tab of hackintool,
I'm injecting the kext and is loaded but ... no joy.
I have double checked BIOS settings, went through Dortania guides and setted the most, I do not know if I need a dedicated SSDT for my lan.
Can you please be so kind to help me out and check the attached EFI and ACPI Dumps, I have try to set it right but I'm confused so I'm asking help to verify it's correct.
In case you decide to help me with this, Thanks for your time.

My Specs: Gigabyte Aorus X670 Elite AX - AMD 7800X3D - 2 x 16 GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z5 NEO RGB DDR5 6000MHZ CL30 - Sapphire RX 6900 XT Nitro+ SE - 2 x WD Black SN850 - Wi-Fi+BT Intel AX210NGW

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Good to hear, best of luck with the USB configuration.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
By doing the following:
  1. Removing an Intel WiFi/BT card that was preventing the Ethernet from working.
  2. Adding LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext to the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, with a companion entry for the kext added to the Kernel > Add section of the config.plist.
  3. Using the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver from the OpenCore boot screen/Picker List.

elferras

AMD OS X Member
By doing the following:
  1. Removing an Intel WiFi/BT card that was preventing the Ethernet from working.
  2. Adding LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext to the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, with a companion entry for the kext added to the Kernel > Add section of the config.plist.
  3. Using the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver from the OpenCore boot screen/Picker List.
I have the kext added
I have the same MB: Gigabyte Aorus X670 Elite AX. Processor: ryzen 7 7700x
I've been trying for over a week with no results.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 5.00.11 p.m..png
    Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 5.00.11 p.m..png
    686.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 5.01.25 p.m..png
    Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 5.01.25 p.m..png
    811 KB · Views: 12

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have the kext added
I have the same MB: Gigabyte Aorus X670 Elite AX. Processor: ryzen 7 7700x
I've been trying for over a week with no results.
have you updated BIOS to F11? Do not update to F20 as it's unstable for me so far...
I have removed the onboard WIFI card (you need to disassemble the frame of the VRM Heatsink)
and added a PCIe Fenvi (BCM) wifi card, as suggested to you by @Edhawk
can you please be so kind to share your EFI so that I can compare?
Thanks

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@elferras
The MediaTek WIFI/BT card in your system is not supported in macOS. You need to disable this MediaTek card in the BIOS, or physically replace it and use ether an Intel or Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

Adding the DeviceProperties for the Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet controller/port and then posting a screenshot showing the System Information > PCI report is of no use, as this a purely cosmetic addition. The relevant report as far as the Realtek Ethernet controller is concerned is to be found on the System Information > Ethernet tab. But only if the Ethernet controller is active in macOS.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 20.40.32.png System Information > Ethernet > RealtekRTL8125 Ethernet Controller details

The screenshot above shows the LucyRTL8125Ethernet kext is attached and enabling the PCIe Ethernet port.

All I have done as concerns the Realtek RTL8125 controller is to add the latest version of LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext to my /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and a companion entry for the kext to the OC config.plist.

This has been the case on six (6) Hackintosh systems. 3 x Intel & 1 x AMD systems using PCIe add-on cards, and 2 x AMD systems with built-in Realtek 2.5GB ports.

elferras

AMD OS X Member
Sorry, I've been a little busy.

@errevi
I tried it with BIOS f7, f11 and f20.
I removed the wifi card and it didn't work

Thaks for your help

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

elferras

AMD OS X Member
@elferras
The MediaTek WIFI/BT card in your system is not supported in macOS. You need to disable this MediaTek card in the BIOS, or physically replace it and use ether an Intel or Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

Adding the DeviceProperties for the Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet controller/port and then posting a screenshot showing the System Information > PCI report is of no use, as this a purely cosmetic addition. The relevant report as far as the Realtek Ethernet controller is concerned is to be found on the System Information > Ethernet tab. But only if the Ethernet controller is active in macOS.

View attachment 13107 System Information > Ethernet > RealtekRTL8125 Ethernet Controller details

The screenshot above shows the LucyRTL8125Ethernet kext is attached and enabling the PCIe Ethernet port.

All I have done as concerns the Realtek RTL8125 controller is to add the latest version of LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext to my /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and a companion entry for the kext to the OC config.plist.

This has been the case on six (6) Hackintosh systems. 3 x Intel & 1 x AMD systems using PCIe add-on cards, and 2 x AMD systems with built-in Realtek 2.5GB ports.
I removed the wifi card and it didn't work. In the BIOS I did not find the option to disable the wifi card.
Thaks for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 9.19.09 a.m..png
    Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 9.19.09 a.m..png
    142.4 KB · Views: 7

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

@errevi
I tried it with BIOS f7, f11 and f20.
I removed the wifi card and it didn't work

Thaks for your help

@elferras seems you have not patch any USB port and you need to patch ACPI specifically for your system with SSDTTime.

Last edited:

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello I have gigabyte x670 Gaming ax.

Can you share current EFI?
sure. here it is
opencore 0.9.8, BIOS F21, NO internal wi-fi and audio card as I do not use them,
front USB ports NOT WORKING (I still have to understand why... I think I need a patch)
adjust your MLB, Serial Number and UUID

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 5

dijimet

AMD OS X Member
sure. here it is
opencore 0.9.8, BIOS F21, NO internal wi-fi and audio card as I do not use them,
front USB ports NOT WORKING (I still have to understand why... I think I need a patch)
adjust your MLB, Serial Number and UUID
thank you so much.
I have Gigabyte X670 Gaming x AX but it did not even boot. Very interesting. (My bios F22)

My EFI is booting . But LAN is not working. However I could not disable my Wifi-Blutooth devices from bios. There is no menu for wifi in gigabyte bios.

My mac os version: Sonoma 14.0. I could not update sonoma 14.3 . I have no internet because of LAN issue :)))

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
thank you so much.
I have Gigabyte X670 Gaming x AX but it did not even boot. Very interesting. (My bios F22)

My EFI is booting . But LAN is not working. However I could not disable my Wifi-Blutooth devices from bios. There is no menu for wifi in gigabyte bios.

My mac os version: Sonoma 14.0. I could not update sonoma 14.3 . I have no internet because of LAN issue :)))
I have removed the original wifi card and added a Fenvi PCIe wifi + bluetooth broadcom card, then patched with OCLP.
So you have 2 options: 'block' the original wifi card in open core config patching ACPI or physically remove the card.
Comparing EFI:
I have disabled all mmio except the second entry 4244635648
Check your kext load order, Lilu should load first, then VirtualSMC ...
Kernel patch: use Shanee instead of Algrey (disable entry 20 and enable entry 21)
FuzzyMatch is disabled in my EFI
remove from boot-args for intel e1000 lan , as you don't have it

Take a look here you may find interesting arguments:
X670 Gaming AX

dijimet

AMD OS X Member
I have removed the original wifi card and added a Fenvi PCIe wifi + bluetooth broadcom card, then patched with OCLP.
So you have 2 options: 'block' the original wifi card in open core config patching ACPI or physically remove the card.
Comparing EFI:
I have disabled all mmio except the second entry 4244635648
Check your kext load order, Lilu should load first, then VirtualSMC ...
Kernel patch: use Shanee instead of Algrey (disable entry 20 and enable entry 21)
FuzzyMatch is disabled in my EFI
remove from boot-args for intel e1000 lan , as you don't have it

Take a look here you may find interesting arguments:
X670 Gaming AX
Thanks bro, your answer is very helpfull.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.