Update 11.5.1

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Hello everybody,

reading on the net I saw several users who managed to do the security update from 11.5 to 11.5.1 without problems.
I tried to upgrade, reboots as required and always manually selected the boot partition.

However, I was unable to install the update and, after the last reboot, Macintosh HD + Recovery 11.5 was added to the partition list..

Schermata 2021-07-30 alle 08.45.59.png

My hack is fresh so I have OpenCore 0.7.1 with all updated kext and EFI files.
What do you think? I don't like disorder, can i remove it? I have no important file on my Hack, i can also erase and reinstall.

Thank you

Last edited:

elixir

AMD OS X Member
I think that Mackintosh HD is your 11.5.1 update

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for your replay guys!

I was surprised because it wasn't there before. Is it normal that in the information about this Mac it gives me 11.5 and not 11.5.1? plus also from the system preferences it tells me update 11.5.1 available

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Schermata 2021-07-31 alle 17.02.06.png

Is it possible that I am unable to install it? Keep giving me the available update and getting me installed.

elixir

AMD OS X Member
20G71 RC1
20G80 RC2
please check your preferences for updates

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
20G71 RC1
20G80 RC2
please check your preferences for updates
Hi elixir, what exactly should I check? In the system preferences?

elixir

AMD OS X Member
if you haven't continue the 11.5.1 update (which is Mackintosh HD) in the OC boot picker and you select to boot MacOS (which is your Big Sur 20G71) the system will keep posting those update notifications.

to continue and complete the update you have to boot by selecting the "Mackintosh HD" in the OC boot picker, by any chance you have facing problem, you can head back and boot to your MacOS (Big Sur 20G71), go to "system preferences" --> select "software update" --> select to "install" updates (if any)

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
if you haven't continue the 11.5.1 update (which is Mackintosh HD) in the OC boot picker and you select to boot MacOS (which is your Big Sur 20G71) the system will keep posting those update notifications.

to continue and complete the update you have to boot by selecting the "Mackintosh HD" in the OC boot picker, by any chance you have facing problem, you can head back and boot to your MacOS (Big Sur 20G71), go to "system preferences" --> select "software update" --> select to "install" updates (if any)
I kept booting on macOS.

I managed to successfully install 11.5.1. I think the automatic wallpapers are corrupted (green screens are coming), changing wallpaper no problem.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I kept booting on macOS.

I managed to successfully install 11.5.1. I think the automatic wallpapers are corrupted (green screens are coming), changing wallpaper no problem.
If you are getting Green Screens the problem & fix is usually this. (Hacks & Real Macs Suffer from it)

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
If you are getting Green Screens the problem & fix is usually this. (Hacks & Real Macs Suffer from it)
I can't tell if they are green screen or if it's just a wallpaper problem.

I'll show you two screenshoots.

Schermata 2021-08-01 alle 12.13.02.png

Schermata 2021-08-01 alle 12.13.09.png

The problem is given to me only by 4 or 5 automatic wallpapers. What do you think?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
do you ever see flashes of green when your shutting down or waking from sleep etc?
Its always tends to be connected.
The fix I sent you is done via a profile so you can flip it on and off to try and see for yourself.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
do you ever see flashes of green when your shutting down or waking from sleep etc?
Its always tends to be connected.
The fix I sent you is done via a profile so you can flip it on and off to try and see for yourself.
The image is stable at 144Hz, I have a custom icc profile optimized for the monitor that I download from TFTCentral and I don't have any kind of problem, the colors I would say are correct, no flash ... only if you select 4 backgrounds (the ones with the rocks) gives me that problem.

Anyway after I try to follow the guide.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.