Monterey Patches Disabling Processor Type in About This Mac?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello, has anyone had an issue with the new Monterey kernel patches disabling the processor information in "About This Mac". After changing to them and updating to Monterey on my B500 system it now shows as "processor unknown". I've got the latest version of RestrictEvents. kext and have both kernel patches one and two modified to reflect my Ryzen 5900 processor.

I was also having issue with slower load times for the OS I don't have in Big Sur and Logi Options, which I use for keyboard and mouse options like a KVM switch for multiple systems, would not load properly or detect any devices. I couldn't sort that out so I'm back on Big Sur where everything plays nice.
I'm aware of significantly slower load time being reported, up to a minute or longer, that wasn't my issue. It might take 5 to 10 seconds longer for the desktop to finish loading.

I've uploaded my EFI file w/o serial numbers for reference. This is not the version I am using in Big Sur, I switched back to the legacy patches because even in Big Sur the unified patches caused the same issues.

Attachments

• EFI7.5.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
thanks for the time it takes to load Monterey. Can you see all the drives of your system ?

umatz

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I am using a Rog Strix B550-I as well and I am hesitating to update to Monterey because of all the stories about the I225-V ethernet not working on Monterey.
Is yours running with Monterey 12.01?

t_riikonen

AMD OS X Member
I am also following this as I'm having a very similar setup and I experienced instability on Monterey after I tried to upgrade from BigSur 11.6.1. I225-V ethernet connection was working in this setup, but the system faced random reboots, maybe because of FakePCIID.kexts. Can you get I225-V working on Monterey without these kexts?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.