Installation stops after few lines, ending "End Generating Random Seed"

JKilberry

AMD OS X Member
I use OpenCore 0.7.7, done everything by the guide. When I am trying to boot from my USB stick, after a few lines on black screen installation stops on generating random seed. Can somebody tell me where it can be fixed please.

I attach my EFI folder.

Ryzen 7 1700x
Asrock B450 Pro4
G.Skill Aegis 3000 XMP 16Gb
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.3 MB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have two of the AMD Kernel patches installed incorrectly. See image below:

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 19.22.07.png Patches 8 & 9 are combined within one patch.

They should look like this:
Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 19.23.12.png Patches sorted correctly.

Revised config.plist attached for you to try.

You are trying to install macOS High Sierra aren't you? As your Nvidia card is not supported in Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 4

JKilberry

AMD OS X Member

View attachment 4917 Patches 8 & 9 are combined within one patch.

View attachment 4918 Patches sorted correctly.

You are trying to install macOS High Sierra aren't you? As your Nvidia card is not supported in Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey.
Yes, after your previous comment I replaced Montery dmg file with High Sierra, so now I'm installing it. Thank you, tomorrow try your plist the first chance I get.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
OK, good to hear you are installing macOS.

Just remember that before you install the Nvidia Web Drivers you need to set the SecureBootMode quirk to Disabled, in place of Default. Otherwise the Nvidia Drivers won't work.

You should also be aware that there are seventeen (17) versions of High Sierra 10.13.6. Each version has it's own version of the Nvidia Web Drivers. So you might be best served updating High Sierra to the final release and only then installing the Nvidia Web Drivers.

The Nvidia drivers for each version of macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 can be found in order of release on the TMx86 download page - https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

JKilberry

AMD OS X Member

View attachment 4917 Patches 8 & 9 are combined within one patch.

View attachment 4918 Patches sorted correctly.

Yeah, now the installation goes much further, but anyway stops. Tried it 3 times. Here is 3 reports.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.