Before USB mapping, there is renaming

joel.yank

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, I have been running my Ryzentosh for a while now to be comfortable enough to try the dark arts of USB Mapping, as from IOReg I could tell I am missing at least 2 ports.

In the System Preparation part of USB mapping, they tell us to rename our controllers first (my SMBIOS requires it, spec details below) by patching the ACPI part of config.plist. I did so accordingly and the whole thing fails to boot, getting past only the bootpicker of OC. The failure message is:
00:000 00:000 OC: ACPI patch 2 is borked

Patch 2 is the patch that I have added for the renaming, and I have obviously enabled the patch here.

Am I misunderstanding the instructions here? Should enable the patch after the whole remapping process is done?

Specs are below:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor
Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Intel 660p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB THICC II

iMacPro1,1
Catalina 10.15.6
OpenCore 6.0

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Share the patch you've used. You've entered something wrong hence the borked message.

joel.yank

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
This is what my System uses now. No issues with USB and Windows boots fine with OC.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 14

joeysaran

AMD OS X Member
is this fix. apci error when boot windows from opencore

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.