AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod

Good day. I am a novice at Hackintoshing and I have been running a system for about an year. Initially started with OC 0.5.6 and most recently I was using 0.6.4. However, for some reason I could not update my system to Big Sur 11.3.1. Updates were fine till then.

So, I decided to update OC and maybe. I also changed my motherboard from a B450 (Asrock) to an X570 (Pro WS X570-ACE). My present system config is :

Pro WS X570-ACE
This has two NICs , Intel® I211-AT and Realtek® RTL8117
RX 550
32GB Ram
BCM94360 for Wireless and BT

I was very happy to find your EFI folder. I could not find any video (my usual go to) for building the system.
I have a couple of questions and would appreciate any help.

1. Will OC 0.7.0 find my existing Mac OS and update it? Or should I just build give up the old installation and build a new one?
2. Which EFI folder should I use? I see that there are EFI folders in _MacOSX and AsusX570-E 070 EFI. I tried using the EFI folder in the latter.
3. I put the USB drive in and the system booted, but stuck at the apple logo, I don't know how to fix it. What changes would I need to make if any.
4. I am not sure if the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext will actually work for my RTL NIC

Sorry if some of my questions are very rudimentary. I am still trying to work on this. Any help/advice is highly appreciated.
Ok so to use your setup with my EFI you need to make a few changes to the Config.plist. Not many though but you need to do the following.
  1. Remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments and add npci=0x2000 to it.
  2. Disable the USBMap.kext from the Kernel
  3. Disable the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext as that won’t work with your Realtek ethernet port*
  4. Save and then restart the system then go into the bios And disable Above 4G Decoding
  5. When you get to the bootpicker press space and then reset your NVRam
That should get you booted up.

Other things to be mindful of is your Internal audio may not be working using layout 21 (that’s what the X570-E uses) so you may need to change that to suit your boards Realtek Codec.

*As far as I am aware there is no working Kext for the RTL8117 I will look into that for you but your best bet would be to disable it in the bios for now if your not using it.

Last edited:

sass

AMD OS X Member
@sass I just triple checked my Headphone output and its fine.
It automatically flips to the headphone output when I plug my cans in.
I tried with 3 different pairs and all work fine.
View attachment 3314
What Headphones are you trying to use?
The headphones I have always used are 2 models that are out of the iPhone 5s box and I tried the Samsung brand I tried to wear both.
Ekran Resmi.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The headphones I have always used are 2 models that are out of the iPhone 5s box and I tried the Samsung brand I tried to wear both.
View attachment 3318
iPhone and any other phone headphones are not designed to work on a PC.
a PC output is a 3.5mm stereo jack where as a phone headphone cable has a fourth connection on it for mic output.
Left, right, earth and mic out.
plug the correct headphones in and you won’t have a problem. This is fact brother not theory.

68A96595-DA96-4EEE-AC7E-EA9301BF58A5.jpeg

Left is mono, Middle is stereo and what a PC uses and right is with a mic output found on a phone headphone jack and not what a pc uses

Last edited:

sass

AMD OS X Member
iPhone and any other phone headphones are not designed to work on a PC.
a PC output is a 3.5mm stereo jack where as a phone headphone cable has a fourth connection on it for mic output.
Left, right, earth and mic out.
plug the correct headphones in and you won’t have a problem. This is fact brother not theory.

View attachment 3319

Left is mono, Middle is stereo and what a PC uses and right is with a mic output found on a phone headphone jack and not what a pc uses
I'm entitled to you, you are right about it, I know that the jacks are different. Previous EFI I used these headphones, now I can't understand what these headphones are not working now. PC same headphones the same only EFI changed?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I'm entitled to you, you are right about it, I know that the jacks are different. Previous EFI I used these headphones, now I can't understand what these headphones are not working now. PC same headphones the same only EFI changed?
Because you might of not of had it fully plugged in, (you can force it to work by not plugging it all the way in) or the other Efi was using Audio Layout 1 with All the outputs forced active. I doubt you were getting full stereo though as the internal pins inside the socket won’t be lining up with the jack.

sass

AMD OS X Member
Because you might of not of had it fully plugged in, (you can force it to work by not plugging it all the way in) or the other Efi was using Audio Layout 1 with All the outputs forced active. I doubt you were getting full stereo though as the internal pins inside the socket won’t be lining up with the jack.
I realized you very well. I liked to listen to something with these headphones and saw my job. Is there a setting I can try to work again?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
If you go on Amazon or eBay you can buy a adaptor to convert the plug to the correct type. It will cost next to nothing and would give you a correct connection. This is the best thing to do.

sass

AMD OS X Member
If you go on Amazon or eBay you can buy a adaptor to convert the plug to the correct type. It will cost next to nothing and would give you a correct connection. This is the best thing to do.

You're right this hadn't come to my mind :)
This is so much from me for now, thank you very much for your patience and relevant ..

I will continue to use it and the EFIs you will share next. Don't deprive us from EFIs and experiences :)
I'm following the page with at least 2-3 times a day. I wish that we could be the benefit of you but it comes from the hand so much, thank you again ..

Hackingway

AMD OS X Member
Ok so to use your setup with my EFI you need to make a few changes to the Config.plist. Not many though but you need to do the following.
  3. Disable the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext as that won’t work with your Realtek ethernet port*
  4. Save and then restart the system then go into the bios And disable Above 4G Decoding

Other things to be mindful of is your Internal audio may not be working using layout 21 (that’s what the X570-E uses) so you may need to change that to suit your boards Realtek Codec.

*As far as I am aware there is no working Kext for the RTL8117 I will look into that for you but your best bet would be to disable it in the bios for now if your not using it.

Hello @AudioGod,

Really appreciate your quick response. I will make these changes and try .

@AudioGod

Good day. Really appreciate your help on this. I tried the steps you suggested.
1. I deleted the USBMap.kext and LucyRTL8125.kext from the kext folder and then I also deleted their mention from the config.plist.
2. I disabled the said ethernet port in bios
3. Disabled the above 4G decoding also

I have a feeling I have lost USB now for some reason. The keyboard does not respond. Also I get the following error "OCB - Start Image Failed - Unsupported"

Am I doing the right thing here? I have the original EFI folder so I can restore the folder easily. Also, your zip file had 2 EFI folders, one in _MACOSX folder and the other in the Asus X570-E 070 EFI folder. Which is the more suitable one? Presently I am using the latter.

Please advise if you have a moment.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Good day. Writes me after startup: OCS: No schema for 0 at 4 index context (quirks). What should I set, I can't find it?Thx

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Good day. Writes me after startup: OCS: No schema for 0 at 4 index context (quirks). What should I set, I can't find it?Thx
I don’t understand buddy sorry.
With your setup you can use my EFI with no changes other then disabling the USBMap.kext and adding your own personal SMBIOS Details. (Also reset your NVRam before trying to boot using my EFI for the first time)
Have you made changes to the EFI other then the above?

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello @AudioGod,

Really appreciate your quick response. I will make these changes and try .

@AudioGod

Good day. Really appreciate your help on this. I tried the steps you suggested.
1. I deleted the USBMap.kext and LucyRTL8125.kext from the kext folder and then I also deleted their mention from the config.plist.
2. I disabled the said ethernet port in bios
3. Disabled the above 4G decoding also

I have a feeling I have lost USB now for some reason. The keyboard does not respond. Also I get the following error "OCB - Start Image Failed - Unsupported"

Am I doing the right thing here? I have the original EFI folder so I can restore the folder easily. Also, your zip file had 2 EFI folders, one in _MACOSX folder and the other in the Asus X570-E 070 EFI folder. Which is the more suitable one? Presently I am using the latter.

Please advise if you have a moment.
I’m guessing you are using windows to do this as that’s the only way you would have weird stuff happening with the ZIP File. I just double checked it and there’s not 2 versions of the EFI inside it but just the one like there is meant to be.
I will send you a changed version of the EFI for you a little later just incase you did something wrong. 👍

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I don’t understand buddy sorry.
With your setup you can use my EFI with no changes other then disabling the USBMap.kext and adding your own personal SMBIOS Details. (Also reset your NVRam before trying to boot using my EFI for the first time)
Have you made changes to the EFI other then the above?

Then it will normally boot into the WIN or OSX menu ....

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

Then it will normally boot into the WIN or OSX menu ....
I’m guessing you are using windows to do all this?
it would explain the double EFI you claim to have.
try again with a fresh copy of my EFI and just add your SMBiOS details.
No idea why you are getting that error and yet it’s still working As I have have no such error on my side to compare it too.

Hackingway

AMD OS X Member
I’m guessing you are using windows to do this as that’s the only way you would have weird stuff happening with the ZIP File. I just double checked it and there’s not 2 versions of the EFI inside it but just the one like there is meant to be.
I will send you a changed version of the EFI for you a little later just incase you did something wrong. 👍
@AudioGod,

You are right, I am using Windows; made the boot disk on windows. I have a Mac so I could make it using a Mac. I shall look at OC site to make it. Appreciate @ the EFI, a lot.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I’m guessing you are using windows to do all this?
it would explain the double EFI you claim to have.
try again with a fresh copy of my EFI and just add your SMBiOS details.
No idea why you are getting that error and yet it’s still working As I have have no such error on my side to compare it too.
I'm sorry, isn't that an answer for me?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I'm sorry, isn't that an answer for me?
Yes buddy it is, I replied to your last message with that Answer. 👍

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod,

You are right, I am using Windows; made the boot disk on windows. I have a Mac so I could make it using a Mac. I shall look at OC site to make it. Appreciate @ the EFI, a lot.
No worries buddy, I’m nearly home so I will sort that EFI out for you very soon and I will PM it to you when I do and generate SMBIOS DETAILS for you while I’m at it. it should be a matter of downloading it and placing the EFI folder straight onto your USB instal drive and away you go. Give me a hour or so. 👍

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

sass

AMD OS X Member
This message also mentioned the sound layout 1. How can I try the sound scheme 1?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.