AMD AGESA ComboAM4v2 1.2.0.2 Shutdown/Restart

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello.

I have a problem after updating the BIOS of my Asrock x570 Taichi to version 4.30.

Besides having changed the DevicePath of an NvMe disk, which is not a problem to correct in config, my ryzentosh does not shut down; at the end of the shutdown procedure it restarts.
I attempted to follow the this guide but without success.
Windows is not affected by this problem.

Any tips?

For the moment I revert to BIOS 4.10 AGESA ComboAM4v2 1.2.0.0 giving up the slight performance increase given by the 4.30 in single core and the Mac is still excellent,
but I would like to understand if I am the only one afflicted with this problem and if someone has solved it.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not too sure why AGESA would affect your shutdown. I'm using a beta BIOS for my board that also uses ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.2. It's possible that it's how Asrock have implemented it compared to MSI.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I’m using AGESA 1.2.0.2 on my X570-E and have been for a good few weeks now and have no issues with shutdown or restart. All is normal apart from my USB is better.

DR3nan

AMD OS X Member
I find myself in the same boat, have the same board and can't properly shut down. Have mapped all the USB and just no joy... I suspect it being a USB issue (most times shutdown is related to USB issues), but I have also tried so many things with no success... Please do let know if you find a solution, I have just recently installed W11 and don't really want to have to roll back BIOS just for this.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I find myself in the same boat, have the same board and can't properly shut down. Have mapped all the USB and just no joy... I suspect it being a USB issue (most times shutdown is related to USB issues), but I have also tried so many things with no success... Please do let know if you find a solution, I have just recently installed W11 and don't really want to have to roll back BIOS just for this.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
it becomes complicated to keep on updating. i saw the post intall stuff, but i need something more clear. an AMD OSX guide will be welcomed ! Audiogod.....:rolleyes::giggle:
I’m pretty sure the SSDT is a one size fits all kinda deal, In other words if I make one up it should be universal across all X570, B550 and X470 boards. I’m not 100% on that one but I’m like 90% sure that will indeed be the case.
I think I have already made one, I will have a look later and see and send it to you to try if I can find it.

reinierlazo

AMD OS X Member
I am using AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.3 B for Ryzen 5000 G-Series support processors and everything is ok

DR3nan

AMD OS X Member
I am using AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.3 B for Ryzen 5000 G-Series support processors and everything is ok
I imagine you have the same board we are talking about here (sorry, no signature, no hardware on your profile)? If so, could you upload your EFI?
I’m pretty sure the SSDT is a one size fits all kinda deal, In other words if I make one up it should be universal across all X570, B550 and X470 boards. I’m not 100% on that one but I’m like 90% sure that will indeed be the case.
I think I have already made one, I will have a look later and see and send it to you to try if I can find it.
I have followed the link you posted (which I have done on other Intel Hacks previously), but no joy, I'll attach the SSDT I created, so you can perhaps have a look??
Patch is enabled under ACPI patching and I have a custom Kext for USB loaded.

EDIT: I have checked the next step over at dortania, which was "instant wake", just in case I'm missing something, I got this result:
pmset -g log | grep -e "Sleep.*due to" -e "Wake.*due to"
got this result
Entering Sleep state due to 'Idle Sleep': Using AC (Charge:0%)

Nothing of this mentioned in the guide...

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I imagine you have the same board we are talking about here (sorry, no signature, no hardware on your profile)? If so, could you upload your EFI?

I have followed the link you posted (which I have done on other Intel Hacks previously), but no joy, I'll attach the SSDT I created, so you can perhaps have a look??
Patch is enabled under ACPI patching and I have a custom Kext for USB loaded.

EDIT: I have checked the next step over at dortania, which was "instant wake", just in case I'm missing something, I got this result:
pmset -g log | grep -e "Sleep.*due to" -e "Wake.*due to"
got this result
Entering Sleep state due to 'Idle Sleep': Using AC (Charge:0%)

Nothing of this mentioned in the guide...
Interesting, I used to be able to replicate the problem by enabling ERP and I made and tried out the SSDT and patch and it worked for me. It was only a test though and I say used to be able to replicate the problem because ASUS fixed it themselves with a bios update and now can no longer replicate the issue.

DR3nan

AMD OS X Member
Ok, so I have made some progress, but not as good as I expected. I have upgraded BIOS to v.60 which has new V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C, tried to shut down and S5 didn't kick in :(, so I started fiddling with the SSDT and managed to get shutdown to work. All USB are working since every controller has less than 15 ports mapped, but the mapping seems not to work, all ports show up wrong in IOReg, but it works. Now the "renamed devices" are showing at the bottom of the tree, weird.

Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 12.11.27.png

So if anyone wants to perhaps have a look at the SSDT and give me some clues to fix the mess, I would greatly appreciate it :)

EDIT: Funny enough, sleep works ok :oops:, didn't see that one coming, although it didn't wake from mouse or keyboard input, only through pressing the ON button on the case, but this might be because I have mouse and keyboard attached to my monitor's USB3 hub.

Attachments

• SSDT-X570TAI-XHC_-TEST-DR3NAN.dsl.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Finally, any clear fix for the shutdown reboot ?
I think everybody should mention his Bios version too.
I will try the dortania

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ok, so I have made some progress, but not as good as I expected. I have upgraded BIOS to v.60 which has new V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C, tried to shut down and S5 didn't kick in :(, so I started fiddling with the SSDT and managed to get shutdown to work. All USB are working since every controller has less than 15 ports mapped, but the mapping seems not to work, all ports show up wrong in IOReg, but it works. Now the "renamed devices" are showing at the bottom of the tree, weird.

View attachment 3844

So if anyone wants to perhaps have a look at the SSDT and give me some clues to fix the mess, I would greatly appreciate it :)

EDIT: Funny enough, sleep works ok :oops:, didn't see that one coming, although it didn't wake from mouse or keyboard input, only through pressing the ON button on the case, but this might be because I have mouse and keyboard attached to my monitor's USB3 hub.
Great job, thank you very much !!

Updated the BIOS to 4.60 and it works fine, it shuts down and… does not restart. I also can't wake him up with the keyboard plugged directly into a USB port on the back. It doesn't even wake up via wake on lan, but it's not a big problema after all

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi, i dont really understand the process on the dortania page for the shutdown/restart : i don't how to find the -PWR in the DSDT. After that i'am not sure if it create a SSDT and i have to add it to my ACPI folder or modify the -PLUG one, and the patch if i add it in my config and at which line.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi, i dont really understand the process on the dortania page for the shutdown/restart : i don't how to find the -PWR in the DSDT. After that i'am not sure if it create a SSDT and i have to add it to my ACPI folder or modify the -PLUG one, and the patch if i add it in my config and at which line.
What’s the problem with shut down on your master?
is it restarting instead of shutting down?
If it is then it should be a easy fix for you by going into the bios and changing Power On By PCIe to Disabled.

Also if you want SSDT-Plug for your board then just nab it from my X570 Pro EFI, All the SSDTs in there are bang on for your board.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
ok i am going to try this.
and with your efi 073 canopy not shwowing and i get stucked on the apple logo with no bar. the 072 works well

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
ok i am going to try this.
and with your efi 073 canopy not shwowing and i get stucked on the apple logo with no bar. the 072 works well
That’s weird, How can that be happening?
So many people including myself use that EFI with no problem so I fail to se why it differs for you?
il double check that anyway.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AMDPUSH Did you forget to set the correct core count for your CPU on the new EFI?
Ive just downloaded it and stuck it on a USB Drive and will reboot now using the thread EFI to double check.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That’s weird, How can that be happening?
So many people including myself use that EFI with no problem so I fail to se why it differs for you?
il double check that anyway.
Restarting and no Shut down. I went to the Bios F34 and no power option for PCI

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@AMDPUSH Did you forget to set the correct core count for your CPU on the new EFI?
Ive just downloaded it and stuck it on a USB Drive and will reboot now using the thread EFI to double check.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 15.59.46.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 15.59.46.png
    353.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 16.01.13.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 16.01.13.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.