Search results

1. Z

Trying out 6950XT and MacOS

Found a video that might help. But it‘s in Chinese. Basically it says 3 steps: 1. Find the GPU address 2. Change the ssdt file accordingly 3. Enable the ssdt in you plist.
  2. Z

Sleep broken in 11.6.1

Sorry for the late response. Please have a look at my EFI folder. I do have a SSDT for USB.
  3. Z

Sleep broken in 11.6.1

Yes I created a USB map back to Catalina and never changed it. Do I need to modify the map?
  4. Z

Sleep broken in 11.6.1

Hi folks, I have a sleep issue once I update to 11.6.1 from the previous version (probably 11.4) The machine will fail to sleep: When I choose sleep, the screen goes black, keyboard light goes out after 10 sec and I can hear a beep from the motherboard like normal sleep would do. (We could...
  5. Z

Can't install with macos journaled extended?

Hi folks, Today I was trying to reinstall the system to create a partition for windows. I already have the installation USB and tested EFI files. However, the installation can only be executed when I format the whole disk as APFS. As long as I try to use macos journaled extended, the...
  6. Z

Blinking underscore before boot picker

Today I did a clean re-install of Big Sur 11.2.1 because I messed up with my windows partition. I wipe my whole ssd in the bios and did a clean installation with my working EFI files. I copy my EFI from my old system which is fully tested and make an installation USB based on it. After...
  7. Z

Instant wake up after sleep

Really appreciate your help! I'm gonna try it tomorrow. It's a SFF build with custom loop. So open the case and remove the hub might be a little bit harder than you expected lollll. I actually hid the hub behind some fittings for cable management.
  8. Z

11.1 Weird wake up issue and shut down issue

Here is more information about wake up: If I use either keyboard or trackpad to wake the log will be like this: 2021-01-23 13:12:42 -0500 DarkWake DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to GPP2 GPP3 GPP4 GPP5 GPP6 GPP7 GPP9 X162 GPPA GPPB GPPC GPPD GPPE GPPF GP10 GP11/ Using AC...
  9. Z

It didn't seem to be the same problem as stated in the fix. I checked the cause of wake up and it did not match what's in the guidance. 2021-01-23 12:49:20 -0500 DarkWake DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to GPP2 GPP3 GPP4 GPP5 GPP6 GPP7 GPP9 X162 GPPA GPPB GPPC GPPD GPPE...
  10. Z

Here is the result from wake up log: 2021-01-23 04:12:52.869925-0500 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GPP2 GPP3 GPP4 GPP5 GPP6 GPP7 GPP9 X162 GPPA GPPB GPPC GPPD GPPE GPPF GP10 GP11 2021-01-23 04:12:52.869927-0500 localhost kernel[0]...
  11. Z

11.1 Weird wake up issue and shut down issue

Today I updated from OC 0.59 directly to OC 0.65 under Catalina 10.15.7. Everything looks good. Then I OTA upgrade to Big Sur 11.1. Almost everything works except wake up and shut down. My motherboard is ASUS crosshair viii impact(X570) and CPU is 3900X. I had a USB map created in Catalina which...
  12. Z

Converting 100% functional EFI from OpenCore 0.5.5 to the newest 0.6.5 - can anybody help me?

Thank you for the clear instruction. I just updated from 0.59 to 0.65. Everything looks good now but not sure it's 100% stable. Will report back if anything goes south later.
  13. Z

0.5.9 to 6.2?

Thank you! I will definitely try this tool.
  14. Z

0.5.9 to 6.2?

So a follow up question would be... What's the best method to update OC from older version? I'm planning to update from 0.5.9 to 0.6.3 Is there a way that I can directly find difference between 0.59 and 0.63? Or I should follow the path to update from 0.59 to 0.60 then to 0.61 so on so forth?
  15. Z

BT not working with MacOS BCM94360NG

There are instructions along with the installation guide I believe.
  16. Z

Is it safe to update to "macOS catalina 10.15.6 suplemental update"?

Yes, just upgraded from 10.15.5 to 10.15.6 OC 0.5.9
  17. Z

Opencore bootloader disappeared in BIOS after BIOS updating

Update: Problem solved. The OC ssdt conflicts with other os. So put a If (_OSI ("Darwin")) { Content } into all of your ssdts in ACPI folder. In this way, those ssdt will only be injected with MacOS.
  18. Z

BT not working with MacOS BCM94360NG

I'm pretty sure this problem can be solved if you manually map the internal USB port for 94360NG. I'm using it right now. This card works out of box with X570, and I can see the internal port without any extra ssdt.
  19. Z

Update: I reinstall the opencore bootloader and restore the windows efi. Now in bios, when I select windows boot loader, I can boot into windows without any issue. However, if I select opencore bootloader and select windows in the OS picker, I won't be able to launch windows. The error says...
  20. Z

Hi everyone, really need some help here. I upgraded my bios today and then the opencore option is gone in my bios bootable list. I installed catalina and windows on the same ssd. Before flashing the bios, everything is fine. I can boot into opencore and choose windows partition or MacOS...
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.