Recent content by t_riikonen

1. T

Plenty of restarts during boot

I'm experiencing a similar reboot problem and it started after upgrading to Monterey 12.3. Sometimes macOS starts well with the first boot, but sometimes the PC reboots 3-5 times in a loop before macOS login screen appears. Nice to know that I'm not alone. Otherwise, the Hackintosh system has...
  2. T

12.0 Monterey Asus B550-I

I have the same MB and I'm running Monterey 12.2.1 currently. I installed Monterey by doing the normal upgrade from Big Sur. Wifi doesn't work, but LAN Intel i225-V Ethernet port works well (1 Gbps) with the following OC boot-args setting: NVRAM -> Add -> boot-args -> -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100...
  3. T

Monterey Patches Disabling Processor Type in About This Mac?

I am also following this as I'm having a very similar setup and I experienced instability on Monterey after I tried to upgrade from BigSur 11.6.1. I225-V ethernet connection was working in this setup, but the system faced random reboots, maybe because of FakePCIID.kexts. Can you get I225-V...
  4. T

Asus B550-I Monterey problem after the upgrade

Hello folks, Today I tried to upgrade my BigSur 11.6.1 to Monterey 12.0.1. Upgrading in principle went fine and finally, the system booted to Monterey. The system was however unstable and I had to return back to BigSur: Wifi and Bluetooth were not working, and the system randomly rebooted...
  5. T

VMWare Fusion 10 works on BigSur?

Just for information: Oracle Virtualbox works on Big Sur. I have B550 mb and Ryzen 3700X + 32 GB RAM.
  6. T

B550i AORUS PRO AX Ryzen 3700X RX590 - Big Sur

I can confirm that after applying your EFI I was able to upgrade to Big Sur. Oh man... you are great. :-) Could it be so that the USB mapping was the key thing to get Big Sur installation working... Maybe we know the truth at some day.
  7. T

I have exactly the same setup. Thank you for sharing your EFI and documenting it. I see that you have under OC/ACPI folder several files in addition to the required .aml files. Could you please describe for what purposes these are for? Have you tried installing Big Sur? I'm running Catalina at...
  8. T

I'm having problems with Big Sur installation. Catalina works fine with the same setup. More about the problem here:
  9. T

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta 1

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. I've tried Big Sur installation with OC 0.6.3 release and 0.6.4 release branch with the latest experimental AMD kernel patches, kexts, and drivers, but results are the same. During the installation right in the beginning the system freezes to the same...
  10. T

I have almost 1:1 the same setup. The only difference is RX580. I even have a NZXT H1 case. I'd be grateful if you can share your latest USB mapping kext here.
  11. T

Gigabyte B550I USB Mapping

Hello, Has anyone yet done USB mapping on Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX (rev. 1.0)? I have now collected the basic information and found out that one back panel USB connector is not working, which is port number 1 in the picture below. I followed Dortania's OpenCore guide for doing the USB...
  12. T

Updated EFI freezes on Catalina

Just for curiosity, you attached a screen shot of Grub, is that your primary boot loader? I have encountered only problems if I have both Grub and OC in a dual/triple boot system.
  13. T

install issues, ryzen 7 3700x, gigabyte x570 mobo and radeon 5700xt

I checked my config.plist and yes, there is SetupVirtualMap=False. I have OpenCore 0.6.0 and Gigabyte X570 with the latest BIOS F30.
  14. T

Rx580 gpu issues [solved]

Could you please post link to the Reddit article you refer to? I have had very similar problems. Currently quite often booting goes well (Cataline and Win 10), but too often Gigagyte BIOS CSM Mode settings automatically switches from Disabled to Enabled and that's when the problems start. I have...
  15. T

install issues, ryzen 7 3700x, gigabyte x570 mobo and radeon 5700xt

Do you have "CSM Mode=Disabled" in your BIOS settings?
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.