Recent content by juliantoledo

1. J

10 Gbit Ethernet

Just wanted to report the GC-AQC113C working on Sonoma 14.1 (X570 AORUS PRO and Ryzen 5950X) I needed to use the 2 patches and change vendor ID following this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-fixing-aquantia-10g-ethernet-with-aqc113c-chip-for-macos-ventura.325087/ Thank you for the...
  2. J

AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

I had a similar problem and was able to install a few days ago, here is my EFI in case it helps. you need to change the core count from 16 to 12 (10 to 0C for your CPU) in the kernel patches (I also have a few Bluetooth kexts that you may not need)
  3. J

Before updating to Monterey 12.3 Beta (21E5196i)

This worked for me! thank you!
  4. J

AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

For me the solution to get 12.3 working was adding the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext I also used the path to make the RX 5700 XT become W5700X and improve graphics performance: https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/before-updating-to-monterey-12-3-beta-21e5196i.2503/post-17618
  5. J

Thanks! I will try one of those, as you said, it did not stick around for long. Edit: OrderedThe usb-c adapter on amazon and yes, it works OOB, I was able to remove the old network kext!
  6. J

I was able to install Monterey 12.0.1 with @AudioGod's EFIs and I had to replace the intel smalltree kext with this one to get Ethernet working: https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/intel-i211-at-alternative-to-smalltree.2028/page-3#post-13182 I wonder if small tree will get fix or if I...
  7. J

@AudioGod I was able to isolate the difference, OC 0.6.4 fixes my audio issues and has lower benchmarks. In OC 0.6.3 I get choppy audio and good benchmarks.
  8. J

Thanks, I just tested disabling SMCAMDProcessor.kext, that did not improve, I will try the other suggestions. I am also with a Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro. I don't think the other EFI had RadeonBoost, it was running an older OpenCore, 0.6.1. Installed Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.1 - Windows 10...
  9. J

Installed Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.1 - Windows 10 Pro CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X Motherboard...

Installed Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.1 - Windows 10 Pro CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz Graphics: Gigabyte RX5700XT NVMe: 970 EVO 1TB - 970 EVO Plus OpenCore
  10. J

It's fine, just double checking to make sure everything is running well. I had no idea that the RadeonBoost.kext would make such a big difference. Does it actually influence Cinebench as well? With your setup I get 24K instead of the 32K from the other EFI, I wonder if there is another...
  11. J

That was the first EFI I tried for my first AMD build after many years with Intel, then I found yours that was spot on, so I completely stop using that old one, I was just surprised with the score's difference. so, just curiosity. I also ran Cinebench (attached) to compare. Installed Operating...
  12. J

@AudioGod with the previous EFI I was getting AMAZING GeekBench numbers (but broken/stuttering sound): This is the other EFI that gets these results, in case you want to check it out...
  13. J

I was able to fully fix my build with your EFI, I only had to change my ACPIs, THANK YOU! I was having an audio issue with other setup.
  14. J

Success Big Sur 11.1 OC 0.6.1 --> Big Sur 11.0.1 it's BETTER !

@Natale7 I was able to get my Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro + 5950X working with your EFI! Thank you, everything works, but Audio is making noises, cracking. Did you also had that?
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.