Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX|Ryzen 5 5600x|RX 6600 XT|Sonoma 14 beta 5/Ventura 13.1/Monterey 12.3.1 Full working

varkon

AMD OS X Member
321.jpg

163814486-b8b5f578-16f6-405b-bb9d-5257785a6883 (1).png
163815842-748b0373-d36a-4ceb-83ed-a0529e659e66 (1).png

Monterey 12.3.1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 3.7GHz
GPU: Asrock RX 6600 XT phantom gaming OC 8G
RAM: 16GB Kingston FURY Renegade 3600 Mhz 16cl
Motherboard: Asrock b550 phantom gaming-itx/ax
Audio Codec: Realtek ALC1220/External audiocard m-track 2x2
Ethernet Card: Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb
Wifi+BT Card: WIFI 6 AX200
BIOS revision: 2.10

Fully working build, including ethernet, wifi, BT, sleep etc

For working Ethernet you need to use this patch for I225-V https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore/blob/main/I225-V_FIX.md

This EFI use "Above 4g decoding" and "SAM" enabled in BIOS settings

Link to github EFI: https://github.com/tranquilitysmile/asrock-b550-phantom-gaming-itx-ax-opencore

Last edited:

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Hey, nice build!

I wanted to ask for your help since I have basically the exact same build, only difference is I have Ryzen 5600, not the 5600X
I cannot get through to Mac installation, the boot up sequence always fails at the same exact stop saying AMDCPUSupport : : start trying to init pci service...
Nothing I have tried fixes this issue. Some people have gotten around it using bootarg npci=0x2000 but that did not work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hey, nice build!

I wanted to ask for your help since I have basically the exact same build, only difference is I have Ryzen 5600, not the 5600X
I cannot get through to Mac installation, the boot up sequence always fails at the same exact stop saying AMDCPUSupport : : start trying to init pci service...
Nothing I have tried fixes this issue. Some people have gotten around it using bootarg npci=0x2000 but that did not work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.
Riko,

That is a CPU core settings issue. Check if you have the correct AMD core settings under your Kernel > Patches section under the areas where core cpu settings are marked. You can find the required arguments under the AMD OSX Kernel Patches Github > https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla
It probably has been set for say 12 or 24 cores instead of the 6 that you require.

You may also require a copy of the SSDT-CPUR.aml in your ACPI folder which defines the CPU settings for macOS.

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Riko,

That is a CPU core settings issue. Check if you have the correct AMD core settings under your Kernel > Patches section under the areas where core cpu settings are marked. You can find the required arguments under the AMD OSX Kernel Patches Github > https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla
It probably has been set for say 12 or 24 cores instead of the 6 that you require.

You may also require a copy of the SSDT-CPUR.aml in your ACPI folder which defines the CPU settings for macOS.
Thanks for the reply.

I have actually triple checked that I have the correct core settings, as in ”B806… BA06…”

Also I do have the CPUR.aml, without it I did not get past the ACPI table check in the boot sequence.

This is why I have no clue what is wrong and don’t know what to do. I haven’t found anyone with the same problem so I don’t even know what to try at this point.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the reply.

I have actually triple checked that I have the correct core settings, as in ”B806… BA06…”

Also I do have the CPUR.aml, without it I did not get past the ACPI table check in the boot sequence.

This is why I have no clue what is wrong and don’t know what to do. I haven’t found anyone with the same problem so I don’t even know what to try at this point.
Try my EFI build here instead and change the core count in the kernel patch. You will also need to change the boot arg to agdpmod=pikera for your RX6600 > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...samsung-1tb-970-evo-plus.319781/#post-2316424

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Try my EFI build here instead and change the core count in the kernel patch. You will also need to change the boot arg to agdpmod=pikera for your RX6600 > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...samsung-1tb-970-evo-plus.319781/#post-2316424
Allright, I will try it out when I get home. As I said, I have the correct core settings and OpenCore recognizes my CPU just as it should and reports it back in verbose. I also do have the boot arg agdpmod=pikera, I have tried my own config and also the one varkon posted here, same problem with both.

I got a tip to try and mount Monterey on the boot USB using a Mac but that did not have any effect either.

I’ll report back once I get a chance to try your EFI.

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Okay I got to trying out your EFI, still the exact same but on top of that I got some ACPI errors I haven't had on any other EFIs. I'm starting to completely lose hope as no EFI or config settings seem to do anything and I'm really running out of options.

Thanks for your help but it seems I'm simply not able to install MacOS on my PC no matter what I do.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Confirm the CPU, Motherboard and Graphics card you are using.

Also which version of macOS you are trying to install.

The RX6600 series of GPU''s are only supported since Monterey 12.1 or newer. So you need to be installing a recent version of Monterey.

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Confirm the CPU, Motherboard and Graphics card you are using.

Also which version of macOS you are trying to install.

The RX6600 series of GPU''s are only supported since Monterey 12.1 or newer. So you need to be installing a recent version of Monterey.
I finally got macOS to boot. I have basically the exact same build as varkon (Ryzen 5 5600, Gigabyte RX 6600XT, ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX)
I noticed there was a new BIOS update for my motherboard so I installed it and that did the trick.

However, I have no Ethernet (Wifi works), no access to Apple ID server and I couldn't create a Computer Account. In other words, I can not log in to the Hackintosh and therefore use it at all.

Also the time does not match up and after booting back to Windows the clock here is wrong too but that is a minor inconvenience.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The Intel i225-v Ethernet is a well known problem in Monterey. As the kext/driver for that controller doesn't work in the latest macOS releases.

There are a number of fixes, the most promising is a firmware update for the i225-V controller, which needs to be run in Windows. Not sure if this is viable for your ASRock motherboard, but it worked on the Gigabyte boards. See the first post in this link over at Tonymacx86:

The Time difference is another common issue, which is easily fixed in Windows. See this Dortania Troubleshooting guide for details.

# time inconsistency between macOS and Windows

No idea why you can't create an Account for macOS, I would reboot the installer and see if it self fixes the issue.

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
The Intel i225-v Ethernet is a well known problem in Monterey. As the kext/driver for that controller doesn't work in the latest macOS releases.

There are a number of fixes, the most promising is a firmware update for the i225-V controller, which needs to be run in Windows. Not sure if this is viable for your ASRock motherboard, but it worked on the Gigabyte boards. See the first post in this link over at Tonymacx86:

The Time difference is another common issue, which is easily fixed in Windows. See this Dortania Troubleshooting guide for details.

# time inconsistency between macOS and Windows

No idea why you can't create an Account for macOS, I would reboot the installer and see if it self fixes the issue.
Thanks for the reply!

I can work with Wifi only if need be for the time being, I’ll see to the Ethernet once I work out the other kinks.

I got in to the Mac, turns out it had made all the accounts after all while saying I couldn’t use that name for an account. Problem is Apple ID does not work and I have no audio.

Are there quick fixes for these?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Working built-in Realtek audio requires that you use Lilu.kext & AppleALC.kext and also have the correct layout id entered in to your config.plist.

Your motherboard uses the Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec. This is supported in AppleALC.kext. The layout ID's already configured for this codec are as follows:

Layout Id's 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 21, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 34, 35, 98, 99, 100

ID's 1, 2, 3, 5 & 7 are generic layouts, which may work with your ASRock setup. You would need to try each ID to see what audio devices they provide in macOS.

The other ID's, those numbered above 10, are custom layouts set for specific systems. Unfortunately none are set of an ASRock motherboard using the ALC1220 codec.

You can use DeviceProperties > ACPI path for your Audio device > layout-id

DP-no-igpu.7de6ce5b.pngAudio device with layout-id entry in DeviceProperties section of config.plist.

Or

You can use alcid=xx boot argument, as shown below.

Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 19.50.10.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Having working Ethernet is usually required for iCloud & Messages to work on a hack.

As your built-in Intel i225-V Ethernet controller is not currently (no longer) supported you would have to use one of the following:
  • USB3 to Ethernet adapter
  • macOS compatible Ethernet PCIe card.
I have used both of the above with the USB3 to Ethernet adapter being the easier of the two to get working, as they are plug and play.

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Having working Ethernet is usually required for iCloud & Messages to work on a hack.

As your built-in Intel i225-V Ethernet controller is not currently (no longer) supported you would have to use one of the following:
I have used both of the above with the USB3 to Ethernet adapter being the easier of the two to get working, as they are plug and play.
Thank you for all your help. Now I have audio, Apple ID and working iCloud and Messages even without ethernet. All that is left to do is see if I can still get the ethernet up, mount the EFI and remove the USB.

I am ever so grateful for all your help, I finally got my first ever Hackintosh up and running! It was a fun and interesting challenge.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Regarding the EFI folder, you should use the one from your USB drive on your macOS drive. To do this you need to mount the USB drive's and macOS drive's EFI partitions.

I use Hackintool application to mount EFI partitions.

The latest version of the app can be downloaded from the bottom of the first post in this thread over at Tonymacx86.

1. You need to copy the Hackintool app to your Applications folder.
  2. Open the App and navigate to the Disks tab.
  3. Select the up/down arrow icon alongside the name of your USB drive.
    1. Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 23.48.04.png Up/Down arrow icons highlighted for WD SN570 drive as an example
    2. The app will ask you to confirm your password and authorise the partition mount action
    3. It will then mount it on the Desktop.
    4. You can open the EFI partition using Finder and copy your EFI folder to the Desktop.
  4. Unmount the USB EFI partition, by selecting the Up/Down arrow icon again.
  5. Then mount the EFI partition for your macOS drive. If you closed Hackintool it will ask you to confirm your password again.
    1. Copy the EFI folder you placed on your Desktop to the EFI partition on your macOS drive.
  6. Before you next boot your system remove the USB drive.
  7. Reboot your system and enter the bios.
    1. While in the bios set the UEFI partition on your macOS drive as the default boot drive.
    2. This will set your OpenCore EFI folder as the default boot option.
    3. Save and exit your bios.
  8. When the system boots it should be from the EFI partition on your macOS drive.
  9. If it doesn't it means you made a mistake when selecting the default boot drive in the bios Boot options.

varkon

AMD OS X Member

Intel i225-V working with this patch https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore/blob/main/I225-V_FIX.md + old kext for Ventura

varkon

AMD OS X Member
I finally got macOS to boot. I have basically the exact same build as varkon (Ryzen 5 5600, Gigabyte RX 6600XT, ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX)
I noticed there was a new BIOS update for my motherboard so I installed it and that did the trick.

However, I have no Ethernet (Wifi works), no access to Apple ID server and I couldn't create a Computer Account. In other words, I can not log in to the Hackintosh and therefore use it at all.

Also the time does not match up and after booting back to Windows the clock here is wrong too but that is a minor inconvenience.
For working Apple ID, you should generate your own MLB, ROM and System UUID, guide from dortania https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/iservices.html

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Update build to Ventura 13.1, still fully working.
Nice! I can't get Ventura to install myself, can not work out what to do. I have updated OpenCore and all my kexts. Downloaded the Ventura update from the App Store but it won't install. I'm getting stuck in a boot loop through the macOS installer. Monterey is still working just fine though.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Nice! I can't get Ventura to install myself, can not work out what to do. I have updated OpenCore and all my kexts. Downloaded the Ventura update from the App Store but it won't install. I'm getting stuck in a boot loop through the macOS installer. Monterey is still working just fine though.
At what point exactly does it crash? Is debug=0x100 in boot-args?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.