Ventura boot on black screen in last phase of installation with NootedRed

ANONIMNIQ

AMD OS X Member
I'm trying to install Ventura on my desktop PC with Ryzen 3 2200G APU and use NootedRed.kext to enable iGPU, everything works ok with the installation until the last phase when I expect to see welcome screen with final settings before the desktop, but for some reason it boots after few seconds in verbose in black screen. This is my EFI, everything is up to date, I'm not sure how to fix this.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which Motherboard are you using in your AMD system?

If you are using the latest commit for NootedRed and use a HDMI cable to connect to the display, then this may be an issue that has been raised with the kext developer.

You may need to switch to an earlier version of NootedRed.kext. I am using a version from 26th March on my GenMachine system, works perfectly in Sonoma 14.4.1. Copy attached for you to try.

Attachments

• NootedRed-1.0.0-RELEASE.zip
    961.2 KB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this EFI, it includes the working NootedRed.kext plus a few other edits.

See if this gets you any further with the macOS Ventura installation.

Make sure you use the ResetNvram entry from the OpenCore Boot screen, simply press the spacebar to unhide the Drivers and tools contained in your OC setup.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 2

ANONIMNIQ

AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI, it includes the working NootedRed.kext plus a few other edits.

See if this gets you any further with the macOS Ventura installation.

Make sure you use the ResetNvram entry from the OpenCore Boot screen, simply press the spacebar to unhide the Drivers and tools contained in your OC setup.
Thank you! I tried with the version of NootedRed you shared, but still same thing happened. My Pc have Asrock a320m pro4 mobo, and yes - I use HDMI. If I remove NootedRed.kext from my config file I have picture and complete installation without graphic acceleration, but if I put back the kext it just boot in black screen. Also I tried with your EFI, but can't even boot, hang on here:
IMG_2541.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.