Surround via receiver

erus

AMD OS X Member
I have question about surround sound with receiver on mac; is it possible to get it to work when using 5.1.2 speakers via receiver and hdmi?

I have a sony receiver that has atmos sound on windows that works so no problem with cable or the connection etc. But when I use my mac I just can't get it to work, it plays only stereo except with vlc where I can get 5.1 to work but since I can't get hdr with vlc I'm using Movist Pro or IINA but with those players I can't change so the audio output gets surround.

In midi settings I can set the speaker layout to atmos but can't get it to work. When I test each speaker in midi settings I get noise from each speaker except the ones in the ceiling. I can live without atmos but I can't even get 5.1 with any other player then vlc, which I dont want to use since the hdr don't work there, atleast I can't get it to work.

So, anyone else that has the same problem and got an solution? I love movies and have a projector that I use when watching movies and with that I want both hdr and atleast 5.1 surround. Would be nice to just rely on Mac and not have to use Windows but it is maybe not possible?

erus

AMD OS X Member
And when i use an optic cable to just get sound I do not get 5.1 options in midi settings, only 2.0

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.