Stuck on the prohibited sign

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
This is my first time of trying to install macos. It will be stuck on the prohibited sign and apple.com/starup/mac When I use the efi to install. Can you check my config.plist and tell me what to do.
This is my pc configuration.
CPU: Razen R5 7500F
Motherboard: Asus ROG B650E-F
GPU: Sapphire 57000XT Nitro OC
SSD: intel optane 900p 280g (system disk)
samsung pm9a1 1t *2
wifi and bluetooth: intel ax210

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
There are a number of SSDT's and your DSDT listed as not being found. Probably related to the AM5 Fix table you are using in EFI-2.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 17.00.43.png contents of ACPI folder from EFI-2

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 17.02.16.png contents of ACPI folder from EFI folder, AM5-BIOS-Fix.aml table not present.

So in all likelihood the AM5-Bios-Fix table is causing some ACPI errors, with the SSDT's and your system DSDT.aml tables.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
There are a number of SSDT's and your DSDT listed as not being found. Probably related to the AM5 Fix table you are using in EFI-2.

View attachment 14039 contents of ACPI folder from EFI-2

View attachment 14040 contents of ACPI folder from EFI folder, AM5-BIOS-Fix.aml table not present.

So in all likelihood the AM5-Bios-Fix table is causing some ACPI errors, with the SSDT's and your system DSDT.aml
The first picture is when I didn’t add the am5-bios-fix.aml, the video file is the result when I added the am5-bios-fix.aml. So I think it may not be related to the am5-bios-fix.aml.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
So what happened after the screen went black in the video? System Reboot?

How long did you leave the black screen, if the system didn't automatically reboot?

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
So what happened after the screen went black in the video? System Reboot?

How long did you leave the black screen, if the system didn't automatically reboot?
The screen kept black and without system reboot although I waited for it for 20 min.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try waiting longer, say 1 hour minimum.
It may be doing things in the background.
Do you see any HDD light activity or hear any noise like the fan speeding up during this black screen period?
The system may reboot automatically if you leave it long enough, and move to the next phase of the installation process.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
Do you see any HDD light activity or hear any noise like the fan speeding up during this black screen period?
The system may reboot automatically if you leave it long enough, and move to the next phase of the installation process.
The HDD light and the fan speeding up haven’t changed during this black screen period. I will try again and give it more time. Thank you.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
Today I have tried again to boot and waited for it for 1 hour when it went black screen. Nothing happened, no automactally reboot or fan speeding up. It looks like a difficult problem.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Ok, I need to think about this some more.

Ryu

AMD OS X Member
Ok, I need to think about this some more.
I have learned that 1807 version bios may have errors from @amdeez ’s post. I have tried to use the Asus official tool to flashback the bios, but it’s failed to flash.

Attachments

• 27F3DBB4-3863-4EBB-BAF9-8A88EC85568D.jpeg
    27F3DBB4-3863-4EBB-BAF9-8A88EC85568D.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.