stuck on the line

peerl

AMD OS X Member
I'm stuck on this line, can you tell me what I can do? (high sierra, opencore)
For some reason the logs don't appear
characteristics:
gigabyte 3060 (I set nv_disable=1 in the launch parameters)
ryzen 7 5700g
gigabyte b550m motherboard

Attachments

• IMG_0660.png
    IMG_0660.png
    21.5 MB · Views: 18

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The SSDT-EC.aml you are using has the wrong ACPI name so the SSDT isn’t working and can’t load.

I assume you are using NootedRed.kext with your AMD Integrated graphics enabled and set as primary graphics device in your BIOS. That being the case you need to disable your Nvidia card using -wegnoegpu boot argument or create an SSDT to disable it. The boot argument you are currently using is meant for disabling the Nvidia Web Drivers, not the GPU.

peerl

AMD OS X Member
The SSDT-EC.aml you are using has the wrong ACPI name so the SSDT isn’t working and can’t load.

I assume you are using NootedRed.kext with your AMD Integrated graphics enabled and set as primary graphics device in your BIOS. That being the case you need to disable your Nvidia card using -wegnoegpu boot argument or create an SSDT to disable it. The boot argument you are currently using is meant for disabling the Nvidia Web Drivers, not the GPU.
for it to work correctly I need NootedRed.kext, but I didn’t install it and I can’t find it

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The version of OpenCore you are using is really old OC 0.6.0. You need to use a newer version when creating your OC EFI folder, the current release is OC0.9.5.

I have attached an EFI from OC 0.9.4, that I use on a similar B550 system. Use this as a base for your setup.
I have added the following to help you.
  1. Latest AMD kernel patches, set of 8-core CPU
  2. NootedRed.kext for AMD APU to work
  3. -wegnoegpu boot argument to disable the Nvidia GPU.
  4. UEFI > APFS > MinDate & MinVersion set for High Sierra.
You need to add your SMBIOS Data to the config.plist before you use it.

The rest as they say is over to you.

Attachments

• EFI-B550-094.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 8

peerl

AMD OS X Member
The version of OpenCore you are using is really old OC 0.6.0. You need to use a newer version when creating your OC EFI folder, the current release is OC0.9.5.

I have attached an EFI from OC 0.9.4, that I use on a similar B550 system. Use this as a base for your setup.
I have added the following to help you.
  1. Latest AMD kernel patches, set of 8-core CPU
  2. NootedRed.kext for AMD APU to work
  3. -wegnoegpu boot argument to disable the Nvidia GPU.
  4. UEFI > APFS > MinDate & MinVersion set for High Sierra.
You need to add your SMBIOS Data to the config.plist before you use it.

The rest as they say is over to you.
Everything worked out for me and the system started up, but there is one more question, how can I update to a newer version, for example Monterey?
and there is one more problem, for some reason the mouse scroll is inverted in the installation, that is, I scroll up and it scrolls down, can this be fixed somehow?

Last edited:

peerl

AMD OS X Member
Everything worked out for me and the system started up, but there is one more question, how can I update to a newer version, for example Monterey?
and there is one more problem, for some reason the mouse scroll is inverted in the installation, that is, I scroll up and it scrolls down, can this be fixed somehow?
It’s just that when I try to install some other version other than High Sierra, it just crashes from the bootloader

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Using the EFI I provided you should be able to install macOS High Sierra up to and including Sonoma, with little to no edits required in the config.plist. Any edits will depend on the other components in your system, i.e. WiFi/BT, other PCIe add-on cards etc.

You need to map your USB ports and create a custom USBMap.kext for your system. This is essential to getting a fully functional Hack. I would recommend you follow the Dortania USB Mapping guide.

Follow the Manual process linked at the bottom of the second page, as the other is for an Intel system.

The mouse scrolling direction is set by Apple. It is the opposite to how a mouse behaves in Windows or Linux. To change the scrolling direction of the mouse open System Preferences > Mouse and change/turn off the 'Natural Scrolling' setting.

peerl

AMD OS X Member
can you still help, I updated to Monterey, but I don’t know how to enable the integrated graphics from AMD, because everything lags terribly, I tried to do something but it gave me an error (second screenshot)

Attachments

• IMG_0700.png.jpeg
    IMG_0700.png.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 15
  • config.plist
    38.5 KB · Views: 0

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Error looks to be related to your NVME drive/kext, which NVME drive are you using?

Do you have the integrated AMD GPU set as default graphics in your bios?
Have you set the AMD graphics with 1GB or more of VRAM in the Bios?
Do you have WhateverGreen in your setup, if yes remove it as it clashes with NootedRed.

peerl

AMD OS X Member
Error looks to be related to your NVME drive/kext, which NVME drive are you using?

Do you have WhateverGreen in your setup, if yes remove it as it clashes with NootedRed.
1. nootedred
2. i dont know how to do this
3. same as what I answered in the second
4. i remove weg

Last edited:

peerl

AMD OS X Member

I was able to boot into the operating system, but the integrated amd graphics still don't work

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-13 at 22.21.19.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-13 at 22.21.19.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
What changed to allow you to boot in to Monterey?

Have you checked the Integrated graphics are set correctly with the correct/sufficient amount of VRAM in your bios. i.e. minimum of 1GB?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you got any entries in the DeviceProperties > Add section in your config.plist? As having any entries in this section of the config is known to mess with NootedRed.kext.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.