Ryzen 7000 Testing

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs,

Try adding this to your device properties and add agdpmod=pikera to the boot-arg. Also enable Whatevergreen.kext (very important step, please don't dismiss it as I have my reasons):

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 1.07.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 1.10.09 AM.png

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs,

Just a note on the above post, I believe there is a minor error I made. You'll notice that the PCIRoot address for both are similar. Reason for this is - the top one is one I used for my B550 Vision D booting a RX6800 card. The second image on the bottom is using the PCIRoot from my Atari VCS which booted using the onboard Picasso APU but using Whatevergreen. I have placed your Raphael device-id details on the bottom one.

What we really need to get it working is find out is your actual PCIRoot address for the Raphael IGPU. If we can do that then you should be able to boot into macOS, even if it is in VESA mode. The reason you are getting the ACPI error is because the system is looking for the IGPU. You could try using just the Raphael settings first with Whatevergreen and see how it goes.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@PoMpIs Can you try this EFI? I added a new SSDT, disabled the iGPU and fixed something in CPUR.

- ExtremeXT

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Forgot to attach the EFI, lol, here it is.

@Middleman I also got it working on a few AMD laptops with unsupported iGPUs and didn't need any of the properties :p

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    6.6 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Forgot to attach the EFI, lol, here it is.

@Middleman I also got it working on a few AMD laptops with unsupported iGPUs and didn't need any of the properties :p
@ExtremeXT I am assuming you added a SSDT-iGPU-Off.aml? Good going...that's what I was just thinking too! :D

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
Ok guys, I'm going to try this new EFI right now..

I'll tell you in a moment :D

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@ExtremeXT

It hasn't worked..

It restarts instantly when trying to start Ventura and in Monterey it doesn't go from here:

4A2FF62A-DD3D-417C-8909-3452582D919F.jpeg

It is that the bios of this motherboard is quite bad, it has bugs... it is a BETA bios

On all motherboards, Gigabyte, MSI, Asrock, iGPU can be disabled...

I have tried in a thousand ways, even with this latest EFI, I have tried to disable Resize bar and virtualization in bios, but nothing changes 🙆‍♂️

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@ExtremeXT

It hasn't worked..

It restarts instantly when trying to start Ventura and in Monterey it doesn't go from here:

View attachment 7427

It is that the bios of this motherboard is quite bad, it has bugs... it is a BETA bios

On all motherboards, Gigabyte, MSI, Asrock, iGPU can be disabled...

I have tried in a thousand ways, even with this latest EFI, I have tried to disable Resize bar and virtualization in bios, but nothing changes 🙆‍♂️
Try enabling DevirtualizeMmio.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
@PoMpIs,

Try adding this to your device properties and add agdpmod=pikera to the boot-arg. Also enable Whatevergreen.kext (very important step, please don't dismiss it as I have my reasons):

View attachment 7424

View attachment 7425

Thank you very much ;)

I will do that as soon as I have a Mac at home, I have several but I left them in another address that are portable, and now here I only have windows computers and it is complicated to edit the config.plist

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
When I tried reviewing the config.plist in your EFI, from post #51, it shows the following error in ProperTree,

Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 21.25.17.png Error message in ProperTree (latest version)

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
When I tried reviewing the config.plist in your EFI, from post #51, it shows the following error in ProperTree,

View attachment 7432 Error message in ProperTree (latest version)
They messed it up on accident when removing the SMBIOS data, this one should work. (I just fixed the error, no other changes.)

@PoMpIs No reason to remove SMBIOS data... Nobody will do anything with it...

- ExtremeXT

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.7 KB · Views: 6

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
If it's still not working, add tlbto_us=0 to boot-args too.

- ExtremeXT

PoMpIs

AMD OS X Member
If it's still not working, add tlbto_us=0 to boot-args too.

- ExtremeXT
I have tried several times... reset the bios, with Resibar enable and disable... nothing works

the first time I booted with AmdTscSync it showed this:

3305E5CE-8A44-4AD0-A1FD-CA48363FF99F.jpeg

on the following attempts it seems different:

92B3C9AF-674C-440A-A4E3-FD4B004DF330.jpeg

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Few things spring to mind having reviewed the EFI and config.plist.

1. Order of Lilu.kext and VirtualSMC.kext is interrupted by NVMeFix.kext and RestrictEvents.kext, i.e. these two Lilu plugin kexts are loaded after Lilu, but before VirtualSMC.kext.
I always thought VirtualSMC.kext had to be the first plugin following Lilu. Is that not the case?

2. Have you tried setting SecureBootModel to Disabled instead of Default.
I know you are using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS and it is normally set with SecureBootModel > Default. But as this is an unsupported setup, running Secure Boot mode set as 'medium' might cause a KP, when expected settings are not present.

3. Adding RadeonSensor.kext and SMCRadeonGPU.kext makes little sense to me as these kexts aren't usually essential to having a working RX6000 series GPU.
As both kexts contain 'executable' code within them, wouldn't it be better to wait till the system is up and running before adding these two non-essential kexts.

Otherwise it looks good.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.