Solved Problems

Raphael

AMD OS X Member
I have a computer with the following specifications

Ryzen 5600G
16GB RAM
1Tb nvme

I'm trying to install the high sierra OS using virtualbox, but I always face problems, and I've been looking for solutions to my problems for several hours, but nothing I read on forums and pages works, could anyone help me?

(Is it worth leaving Win11 and converting the complete machine to MAC OS? I've always had this question)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes, just don’t use High Sierra, as the kext to get the AMD IGPU working in macOS (NootedRed.kext) doesn’t support High Sierra.

Support for these AMD IGPU’s starts with macOS Catalina.

Raphael

AMD OS X Member
I see rn, thx

Raphael

AMD OS X Member
I have one more question
CPU:6 cores AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 4472 MHz (44.75 x 100) 12 threads
CHIPSET: AMD B450, AMD K19.5 FCH, AMD K19.5 IMC
GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics (512 MB)
REDE: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
VRAM: 16Gb

my specs, Can I install Big Sur directly on my physical machine? and is there a thread here on the forum that teaches? I'm really quite a beginner in this subject

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You can install any version of macOS from macOS Catalina 10.15.x up to and including Sonoma 14.5 (current release) on your system.

Yes a clean installation of macOS on a separate NVMe/SSD or HDD would be possible. All my Hacks Intel and AMD dual boot Windows and macOS (Ventura or Sonoma) on separate drives, usually with macOS on an NVME drive.

Which AMD B450 board are you using, make and model required.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Here is an OpenCore v1.0.0 EFI built for an AMD B450/6-Core CPU/AMD IGPU system, which you can use to boot macOS on your system.

You shouldn't need to do anything or change the EFI contents.

If you have a WiFi/BT card this won't work, as you haven't previously mentioned you have one in the system.

the EFI was created by following the Dortania OC Ryzen guide. It should work with any version of macOS from Big Sur onwards.

Reading the Dortania Guide would be a good option for you, so you can better understand what I have done when creating the EFI folder for your system. You will probably need to read each section a couple of times before you fully understand what the OpenCore bootloader does.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 3

Raphael

AMD OS X Member
I'm going to try tomorrow, i'm working with the computer rn, but thx again for u help edhawk

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.