Mac OS install on AMD Ryzen (VMWare) Opencore - Improved Performance - Works with Sequoia / Sonoma / etc

tucano2000

AMD OS X Member
In the tests I've done with hyper-v active, it runs, but a list of numerous errors appears for about 2 or 3 minutes, then these errors stop and the machine continues to load the system. You can even install and run macOS. But it's even slower. Hyper-v off fixes all this.

You then need to install VMWare Tools, which comes bundled with VMWare Workstantion Pro, in order to change the resolution.

It's also possible to increase the number of cores in the virtual machine to speed it up a bit more, I use opencore with 8 cores, although it's a bit more complicated and there are some previous posts that teach you how to do it.

I disabled HYPER-V bcs with hyperv the vm dont even run ^^

foxjitas

AMD OS X Member
When I try to boot after following your steps, it says that it doesn't recognize sata 0:0 as a bootloader.

1718814807325.png
(I have opencore 1.0.0 attached to 0:0)

EDIT:

Nevermind. It turned out that my vm's os was set to "other" instead of Apple Mac OS X. Sorry for the dumb question. Thank you so much for the only clear guide that I've found so far! <3

Do you have any idea why this might be?

tucano2000

AMD OS X Member
When I try to boot after following your steps, it says that it doesn't recognize sata 0:0 as a bootloader.

View attachment 14323
(I have opencore 1.0.0 attached to 0:0)

EDIT:

Nevermind. It turned out that my vm's os was set to "other" instead of Apple Mac OS X. Sorry for the dumb question. Thank you so much for the only clear guide that I've found so far! <3

Do you have any idea why this might be?

I understand that the problem occurred when selecting the guest operating system, which in this case should always be macOS 14.

This option really only appears if you use a patch to release it.

But I can already imagine that for fear of some process they left this feature hidden and thus in our favor.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how VMWare works with the types of virtual machines for each system and even why this feature is hidden.

But in your specific case I believe that VMWare tries to make the hardware as close as possible to the original hardware of a macOS despite sharing the same intel cpu but the rest of the hardware is different from an intel/amd pc.

Opencore in this specific case helps with the cpu patch so that the system works as if it were on an Intel cpu instead of an AMD cpu, since Apple removed the compatibility of these cpu a long time ago.

Gamer2VR

AMD OS X Member
Hello there! I was trying this tutorial to install Sonoma, but i've had this error at install:
1719443568832.png
How I can fix it? I'm using Workstation Pro instead of Player. Also, already tested it on Player but I'm getting the same results.

tucano2000

AMD OS X Member
Hello there! I was trying this tutorial to install Sonoma, but i've had this error at install:
View attachment 14409
How I can fix it? I'm using Workstation Pro instead of Player. Also, already tested it on Player but I'm getting the same results.

Have you configured VMWare to use the macOS 14 Guest Operational System ?

To see this option, you need to patch VMWare with the Unlock tool.

1719481010261.png

If you have already done this, check that Windows Hyper-V is turned off.

And finally, try downloading the new VMDK image version of Opencore 1.0 that I've just updated to add a little more compatibility to Sequoia Beta and some AMD processor patch errors have been added to the beta version as well.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.