I need help solving sleep problems

moka

AMD OS X Member
motherboard:ASUS proart b550
CPU:R5 5600x
storage: 1xSN770(win10),1xA2000(game),1xSN720(Macintosh)Among them, sn770 and A2000 are installed in the m.2 slot of the motherboard, while sn720 is the m.2 adapter PCIe
GPU:sapphire 6600xt
Memory:Crucial 8Gx2 3600MHz

Here is the initial wake-up log
截屏2024-05-02 17.33.59.png

Later, I tried to disable SWUS and SWDS, and the wake-up log became as shown in the following figure
292802DEB4AFC29FFDD1D9DE970EB8F6.png

Given that M2_2 is the Kingston A2000 hard drive
What can I do to repair sleep?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 4
Solution
@leesurone @Edhawk I returned to the original state and looked through the ACPI part of the OpenCode document. I found SSDT-USB-Reset, which seemed to be unnecessary for me. I tried to disable it, the sleep was normal, and in the case of no customized USB, that is to say, we were all wrong.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
motherboard:ASUS proart b550
CPU:R5 5600x
storage: 1xSN770(win10),1xA2000(game),1xSN720(Macintosh)Among them, sn770 and A2000 are installed in the m.2 slot of the motherboard, while sn720 is the m.2 adapter PCIe
GPU:sapphire 6600xt
Memory:Crucial 8Gx2 3600MHz

Here is the initial wake-up log
截屏2024-05-02 17.33.59.png

Later, I tried to disable SWUS and SWDS, and the wake-up log became as shown in the following figure
292802DEB4AFC29FFDD1D9DE970EB8F6.png

Given that M2_2 is the Kingston A2000 hard drive
What can I do to repair sleep?
Hey @moka, cheers your system is working and sleep is the only issue. It is almost assuredly not your M2 SSD that is keeping your computer from sleeping (regardless of what the log shows).The single most common documented cause of sleep/wake issues are lack of a proper USB Port map and in the EFI you uploaded its evident you still need to undertake that. It can be kind of a pain to get it right but its easiest on AMD systems but does require some knowledge about they type of ports you have on your motherboard and then properly identifying that type in your mapping.
Corpnewt USB Map Master is the easiest way to go about it or if you have windows you can take a shot at using USBToolBox, both are available on GitHub. The one main caveat is neither program will correctly identify all ports so it's a bit of trail and error. I can link either program if you can't find them.

moka

AMD OS X Member
Hey @moka, cheers your system is working and sleep is the only issue. It is almost assuredly not your M2 SSD that is keeping your computer from sleeping (regardless of what the log shows).The single most common documented cause of sleep/wake issues are lack of a proper USB Port map and in the EFI you uploaded its evident you still need to undertake that. It can be kind of a pain to get it right but its easiest on AMD systems but does require some knowledge about they type of ports you have on your motherboard and then properly identifying that type in your mapping.
Corpnewt USB Map Master is the easiest way to go about it or if you have windows you can take a shot at using USBToolBox, both are available on GitHub. The one main caveat is neither program will correctly identify all ports so it's a bit of trail and error. I can link either program if you can't find them.
Good news: Successfully customized USB using USBToolBox
Bad news: Still waking up from sleep in seconds

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Good news: Successfully customized USB using USBToolBox
Bad news: Still waking up from sleep in seconds

Then you probably have an error in your UTBMap.kext. Which is fairly common when first attempting this procedure.

Post a copy of your UTBMap.kext, so we can see what you have created

moka

AMD OS X Member
Then you probably have an error in your UTBMap.kext. Which is fairly common when first attempting this procedure.

Post a copy of your UTBMap.kext, so we can see what you have created
ok

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 1

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk can help you more but Gigabyte shows these are the ports available with your motherboard utilizing the CPU or chipset which doesn't include ports that need to be mapped for bluetooth, motherboard LED control and in some cases sound (but not your motherboard).
CPU:
  1. 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports on the back panel
  2. 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
CPU+1 USB 2.0 Hub:
  1. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports on the back panel
Chipset:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C® port on the back panel, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support
  2. 1 x USB Type-C® port with USB 3.2 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
  3. 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports available through the internal USB header
  4. 3 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 1 port available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+1 USB 2.0 Hub:
  1. 3 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers

You have not correctly mapped or disabled any of the USB Type C ports which are designated by "9" in USBConnector type. Also please make sure you have USBToolBox.kext loading and proceeds UTBMap.kext in your config.plist as your mapping relies on it to work

Last edited:

moka

AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk I tested the file generated by USBMap, but the problem still cannot be solved
According to the information provided by ASUS, this is the USB interface on the rear panel of the motherboard:

2 x Thunderbolt ™ 4 ports (s) (2 x USB Type-C ®) With up to 5V/3A, 15W charging support
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port (s) (4 x Type-A)
2 x USB 2.0 ports (s) (2 x Type-A)

I currently do not have lightning related equipment, so the two Type-C interfaces can only seek additional solutions

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 0

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk I tested the file generated by USBMap, but the problem still cannot be solved
According to the information provided by ASUS, this is the USB interface on the rear panel of the motherboard:

2 x Thunderbolt ™ 4 ports (s) (2 x USB Type-C ®) With up to 5V/3A, 15W charging support
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port (s) (4 x Type-A)
2 x USB 2.0 ports (s) (2 x Type-A)

I currently do not have lightning related equipment, so the two Type-C interfaces can only seek additional solutions
I'm sure its confusing if you have never done this before but if you aren't going to use the Aura Sync functions on the board then turn it off in the bios or you will still need to map that port. You also have to account for any headers on the board itself, not just the ports on the I/O Back Panel, and disabled those or map them as well..

moka

AMD OS X Member
@leesurone @Edhawk This is the latest file created using USBToolBox. I ensure that it includes all external USB interfaces, and the type-c interface has been queried and disabled, but the problem still exists

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 1

moka

AMD OS X Member
@leesurone @Edhawk I just need a new problem. It seems that I will sleep to death after sleeping for a long time. The debug light of the motherboard will be stuck in the CPU. The fan will turn normally and can't wake up.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@leesurone @Edhawk I just need a new problem. It seems that I will sleep to death after sleeping for a long time. The debug light of the motherboard will be stuck in the CPU. The fan will turn normally and can't wake up.
Different symptom, same problem. Your USB ports are still not mapped correctly.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I stole the discovery write up from @Edhawk because it covers the scope of what you need to do to map USB Ports quite well so credit to him but hope it helps. Whenever I use a port mapping program I always have a piece of paper and a pencil to note what slot I am plugging into, which port the program says it is and what the program identifies it as so if its wrong (that is not unusual) I know which ports to edit. I use a plist editor to open the config.plist in the kext and change it that way but both programs let you edit the results and sometimes that is easier. The command is usually something like T:9:255 , that would change port 9 to internal.

To discover the correct connector type for each Type-C port/header you need to do the following:

• Plug in a Type-C device to a type-c port and a specific port will be highlighted.
  • Eject the Type-C device, flip it 180° and reinsert the device in the same port.
    • If the same port is highlighted then the connector is Type-c+switch (9)
    • If a different port is highlighted then the connector is Type-c without switch (10).
  • Any virtual USB2 ports served by the Type-C port or header would need to match the physical attribute of the port or header when a Type-C device is used.
  • You may not activate or use the virtual USB2 ports on the Type-C ports/header, in which case you can ignore them and leave them out of your USB configuration.
  • Your PC case may not have a front Type-C port, in which case the Type-C header would not be used and can be ignored.
You need to remember the following when undertaking the USB port discovery,

1. Only Type-A USB2 physical ports (black tang) should be set with connector type USB2 (0).
  2. Any Type-A USB3 physical port (red or Blue tang) should be set with connector type USB3 (3), no matter which Gen.
  3. Any USB2 virtual port served from a Physical USB3 port should be set with the connector type USB3 (3) to match the physical port characteristics.
  4. Any USB3 or USB2 ports served from a USB3 motherboard header should be set with connector type USB3 (3).
  5. Any port or device served from a USB2 motherboard header should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255), never as USB2 (0).
  6. Type-C ports and headers have been explained above.

moka

AMD OS X Member
@leesurone @Edhawk I returned to the original state and looked through the ACPI part of the OpenCode document. I found SSDT-USB-Reset, which seemed to be unnecessary for me. I tried to disable it, the sleep was normal, and in the case of no customized USB, that is to say, we were all wrong.

Solution

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you say so.

Did you pay attention and follow the guidance @leesurone gave you in post #12?

Everyone else with an AMD Hack needs a custom USB configuration for Sleep/wake issues to be resolved, maybe you were born under a lucky star!

keef247

AMD OS X Member
If you say so.

Did you pay attention and follow the guidance @leesurone gave you in post #12?

Everyone else with an AMD Hack needs a custom USB configuration for Sleep/wake issues to be resolved, maybe you were born under a lucky star!
iu

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Technically you only need two of the seven ACPI files you have in the folder and five you are loading. As @Edhawk states you would probably be the first ever to not have to map USB Ports and have a fully functioning system, you can still work on bluetooth functionality and ethernet as well.

Attachments

• ACPI Files.png
    ACPI Files.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.