Hi community - another mini PC to be hackintoshed

Gaberlunzieman

AMD OS X Member
Hi community,

I recently noticed these mini PCs on my favorite Chinese trading platform and finally decided to try one out.
My choice fell on a "Firebat MN56" with an AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, 16 GB RAM, a 512 GB SSD and pre-installed Windows 11 Pro for about 250 € including import taxes.

The most obvious thing to do, of course, is to turn it into a Hackintosh :)
I've seen in the forum that there have already been some successful attempts with similar devices, so I'll borrow some information from there.

So far I've only played around with the device a bit, activated Windows and checked for viruses - no bloatware or malware found.
The WiFi/BT card is a Realtek CDW-C9852BE, which I will replace with an Intel AX200 (€12 on AliExpress).
So far I'm pretty impressed with the speed of this little device, it is a real pocket rocket.

I hope to post a success story in the "Success Stories" section one day - but for now it's time to do my homework and work through the Dortania guides.

System Specs:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, 6 Core, 12 Treads
  • Motherboard: A Horse with No Name
  • RAM: Micron MTA16ATF1G64AZ-3G2A1 16 GB 1Rx16 PC4-3200AA-SC0-11
  • iGPU: [AMD/ATI] Lucienne (rev c1)
  • NVMe: PHISON PS5015-E15 PCIe3 512 GB
  • LAN: RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
  • WiFi/BT: RTL8852BE PCIe 802.11ax Wireless Network Controller
  • Audio: [AMD/ATI] Renoir Radeon High Definition Audio Controller
  • Connectivity: 2 x HDMI, 4 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB C
[Edit: corrected core count]

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi community,

I recently noticed these mini PCs on my favorite Chinese trading platform and finally decided to try one out.
My choice fell on a "Firebat MN56" with an AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, 16 GB RAM, a 512 GB SSD and pre-installed Windows 11 Pro for about 250 € including import taxes.

The most obvious thing to do, of course, is to turn it into a Hackintosh :)
I've seen in the forum that there have already been some successful attempts with similar devices, so I'll borrow some information from there.

So far I've only played around with the device a bit, activated Windows and checked for viruses - no bloatware or malware found.
The WiFi/BT card is a Realtek CDW-C9852BE, which I will replace with an Intel AX200 (€12 on AliExpress).
So far I'm pretty impressed with the speed of this little device, it is a real pocket rocket.

I hope to post a success story in the "Success Stories" section one day - but for now it's time to do my homework and work through the Dortania guides.

System Specs:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, 8 Core, 16 Treads
  • Motherboard: A Horse with No Name
  • RAM: Micron MTA16ATF1G64AZ-3G2A1 16 GB 1Rx16 PC4-3200AA-SC0-11
  • iGPU: [AMD/ATI] Lucienne (rev c1)
  • NVMe: PHISON PS5015-E15 PCIe3 512 GB
  • LAN: RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
  • WiFi/BT: RTL8852BE PCIe 802.11ax Wireless Network Controller
  • Audio: [AMD/ATI] Renoir Radeon High Definition Audio Controller
  • Connectivity: 2 x HDMI, 4 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB C
It's possible the PHISON PS5015-E15 PCIe3 512 GB may cause issues with installation or stability, just a caveat to be aware of as it may be fine. Everything isles except the WIFI/ Bluetooth card looks good.

Last edited:

Gaberlunzieman

AMD OS X Member
I managed to install Ventura while I wait for the AX200 card. So far no obvious problems. The Phison NVMe was detected and the installation went smooth.
This small machine achieves a Cinebench score of 6017 points and a Geekbench multicore score of 5232 points - not overwhelming, but also not bad for a €250 mini device.

mariolando

AMD OS X Member
hi i have notebook with
I managed to install Ventura while I wait for the AX200 card. So far no obvious problems. The Phison NVMe was detected and the installation went smooth.
This small machine achieves a Cinebench score of 6017 points and a Geekbench multicore score of 5232 points - not overwhelming, but also not bad for a €250 mini device.
Hi, I have a notebook with Rayzen 5700U with the same network card and sound that I can't enable, can you give me the config.plist you used and the dirvers? Thank you for any help

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

mariolando

AMD OS X Member
The Drivers would be RealtekRTL8111.kext and AppleALC.kext. These and other drivers can be downloaded from the link below:

I have already accessed this page, my sound card and network are
WiFi/BT: RTL8852BE PCIe 802.11ax Wireless Network Controller
Audio: [AMD/ATI] Renoir Radeon High Definition Audio Controller
I didn't find anything about these two to help if you could give me some advice I would appreciate it

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your WiFi card is not supported in macOS. You need to change/swap it for a card that is compatible, such as an Intel AX200 or AX210 WiFi/BT card, if running Sonoma.

Does your mini pc contain any other Audio devices, such as a Realtek ALCxxx device? As the Renoir audio device is not natively supported. My Gen Machine Pen 7000, contains a Realtek USB device, which macOS supports. You need something like that to be present if you want built-in audio.

An alternative is to use an external USB audio sound card/device. Something like this might work.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.