mateusvieira75

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I am Mateus Vieira from Brazil and I am trying to install OSX Sonoma on my PC. Here the specs:

PROCESSOR: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3,70 GHZ
MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK A320M-HD - PCI EXPRESS 3.0 (8.0 GT/s)
RAM: CORSAIR DDR4 - 2400 (1200 MHZ) 32 GB INSTALLED
GRAPHICS: RADEON RX 5500 XT 8 GB
STORAGE: KINGSTON SA2000M8/1000G 1TB - KINGSTON SA400S37960G - 960 GB

I appreciate any help and I hope to learn a lot here.
Thank you very much.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Hello and welcome.

This might be a good start for your build.

mateusvieira75

AMD OS X Member
Hello and welcome.

This might be a good start for your build.

Hello Edhawk, thank you very much. I'll try this right away!

mateusvieira75

AMD OS X Member
Installation complete on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 with some issues.
  • sleep not working
  • audio crackling ( I am using an USB Sound Card Adapter because my onboard audio port stopped working sometime ago)
  • some usb ports no working (needs usb mapping)
  • both external bluetooth and wireless adapters not working.
  • processor marked as Intel Quad Core I5 instead AMD Ryzen 5 3400g

Thank you very much for you help!!!

Screen Shot 2023-12-17 at 09.22.40.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Most of the issues you listed above are related to a single factor, your USB ports are not mapped. Sleep and all the other issues will be fixed by mapping your USB ports correctly.

The CPU name not showing correctly in About this Mac and System Preferences etc. is cosmetic, but a relatively easy fix.

To fix the CPU name.
Install RestrictEvents.kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and add a corresponding entry to your config.plist for the kext.
With your config.plist open you need to add a number of entries to the NVRAM section of your config.plist.

This is a screenshot showing the NVRAM section of the config.plist from my AMD X570 system.
Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 17.27.40.png No entries added for the CPU naming.

This is a screenshot showing the entries used to set the AMD CPU (Ryzen 9 3900X) name in macOS for my X570 system.
Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 17.31.09.png The two sections highlighted show the changes the were required.

You would obviously need to change the revcpuname entry to match your CPU.

mateusvieira75

AMD OS X Member
Most of the issues you listed above are related to a single factor, your USB ports are not mapped. Sleep and all the other issues will be fixed by mapping your USB ports correctly.

The CPU name not showing correctly in About this Mac and System Preferences etc. is cosmetic, but a relatively easy fix.

To fix the CPU name.
Install RestrictEvents.kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and add a corresponding entry to your config.plist for the kext.
With your config.plist open you need to add a number of entries to the NVRAM section of your config.plist.

This is a screenshot showing the NVRAM section of the config.plist from my AMD X570 system.
View attachment 12912 No entries added for the CPU naming.

This is a screenshot showing the entries used to set the AMD CPU (Ryzen 9 3900X) name in macOS for my X570 system.
View attachment 12913 The two sections highlighted show the changes the were required.

You would obviously need to change the revcpuname entry to match your CPU.
Thank you very much once again, I'll try this.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.