Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX - Ventura 13.6.6 OC 0.99 Post Install Ethernet Realtec chipset not detected and can't be properly configured

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Sorry @CaseySJ for polluting your initial post about your Asus X670 Gene, here is mine as many contributors tried to help me.
Config in signature
So far, on OC 0.99 I am able to successfully:
  • Get the Ventura 13.6.6 Apple install menu
  • Get the utility disk menu to format my internal SSD
  • Go through the 1st steps of installation (17min then 29min...)
  • Reboot on the macOS installer
  • Reboot on the internal SSD (get rid off the macOS installer from the USB)

But then I continuously reboot on the last menu with either the Ventua installer or the internal SSD and never reach the Welcome screen of macOS "Choose your country".

This is exactly the same issue, whatever I try to install Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma.

Here are a few screenshots and the currently tested EFI which need to be corrected.
This EFI has been prepared:
  • with the "generic" EFI from Casey (initial post updated to OC 0.94, latest one available from him)
  • updated to OC 0.99
  • All his recommendations regarding BIOS setup, MMIOs discovered, number of physical cores in CPU, RAM information, included in his first 3 posts have been followed.
  • USB mapping has been done under Windows with USBTool box and relevant SSDT disabled, and kexts added.

The "tailored made EFI" is the one attached to the post.

I am looking for additional input as I no longer see what to further investigate...
Thanks a lot to those who already tried to help me... and welcome to new ideas :cool: I won't give up !

bFzH3Ia.jpg

5enc4Tx.jpg

iArAswB.jpg

Attachments

• EFI 01000 ok copie.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 12

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Mac Arthur try this for LAN and WiFi. BT can be added if you require it. This is assuming you've got Intel WiFi as that's what you're trying to enable with itlwm. As mariettosun has said the MediaTek chips don't work on macOS.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35.7 MB · Views: 1

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur try this for LAN and WiFi. BT can be added if you require it. This is assuming you've got Intel WiFi as that's what you're trying to enable with itlwm. As mariettosun has said the MediaTek chips don't work on macOS.
Still the same.
Let's try to find a solution at least for Ethernet.
Wifi and BT are pretty useless for me, just a matter of fun ! This is the beauty of this hobby as well :cool:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
for ethernet , check config plist of users who had success and see if he Spoofs eythernet device id
you can also remember me link and i can see it :)

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Well it's nice of you.
I bought this MB because I have almost no choice where I live, and I saw among possibilities a successful install from a member. This card was locally available. :)
Only one thread, but if it works properly it's enough...). But reading again hist successful install shows at the end that a poster had Ethernet problem... and he did not get any answer.
His EFI is attached.

Thinking again of you advised me yesterday (and it was the way leading to the success) I deleted all devices properties (among other steps). I forgot about that.
I should find a link to add the Realtec Ethernet controller. I did using Hackintool but got a crash at reboot.
If you have any idea, I can do on my own ! I just need guidance :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try this for LAN. Looking at that EFI you've linked to only difference is a boot arg, e1000=0

Attachments

• config.plist
    82.7 KB · Views: 2

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee in previous tries there was a bit of confusion (more unuseful kext anfd bootarg )
He has a realtek ethernet (not intel one) so the kext is right and no bootarg needed
Aome users has problem with lucy kext because there is an additional need to add a spoof for a missing device id

but i have no direct experience in this task

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur
user changed his wifi with a compatible one till macOS latest ventura then for it is mandatory to use OCLP (as i do in my rig)

Ethernet
he uses a very initial macOS Ventura version (13,01) if i am not wrong
if you are trying the same Lucy kext he used i think something changed in latest Ventura or Sonoma

kext is well declared in your EFI so or you need another version for it..or Latest OS have lost support for realtek 2.5 ethernet
for orange icon i use this app:
1713954388506.png

to find the controller path to declare in Device properties of my config.plist (i try to use less kext and patches i can where and if it possible to do without adding stuff)
I think you can use also hackintool to do the same research of your device controller path

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee still no Ethernet :cool:
@mariettosun very interesting remark indeed. I have ALL released installers and ß versions of OSX/macOS since OX Cheetah "10.0" up to so far Sonoma 14.5 ß3 released this morning,
A total of 6TB .DMG on my personal server.
So you think that if I install 13.0 for example it should work?
Obviously not satisfactory but I am going to give it a try. Just a matter of 30 minutes.
Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted...

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee still no Ethernet :cool:
@mariettosun very interesting remark indeed. I have ALL released installers and ß versions of OSX/macOS since OX Cheetah "10.0" up to so far Sonoma 14.5 ß3 released this morning,
A total of 6TB .DMG on my personal server.
So you think that if I install 13.0 for example it should work?
Obviously not satisfactory but I am going to give it a try. Just a matter of 30 minutes.
Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted...
if the users said he had it working it should work also for you with old Ventura OS
I have read others users had problem with realtek, but i have never studied this problem because i have intel and it works with an old big sur or monterey kext
Sorry i cant be useful here :)

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ethernet on Ventura 13.0 does not work on my machine.
I just installed as well latest version of Monterey 12.7.4 and don't get Ethernet natively with the posted EFI.

I don't have your knowledge of Ethernet/chipset/macOS native compatibility on AMD Hack.
So we must now know if Realtek Ethernet controller was compatible in the past and up to which stage.
Otherwise my EFI is guilty. You told me that this EFI looks fine and to be honest I don't see any issue.

I am going to modify the title of the Thread to see if we get some additional info...
Any other remarks?
Thanks again for your time and input!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
No connectivity remains a serious issue, even if it's not my main machine! :) :)

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Well it took me 4 days to be able to install my 1st macOS Ventura, then 2 hours to install 3 additional macOS versions (lates Monterey, earliest Ventura and latest Sonoma) to finally discover that none of them are working on ethernet with LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext, the kext used for this chipset, at. least on my machine.
According to @Shaneee and @mariettosun my EFI looks ok.

So a few questions as I am newbee on the AMD scene:
  • Are all Gigabyte MBs based on the same chipset?
  • How other users of the forum on Gigabyte MBs manage to get their Ethernet connection? I guess I am not the only one to face this issue.

Beyond that:
- is there a way to bypass this problem with an external Lan card? Sonoma is not mandatory but Ventura is.
If this is possible any reference to recommend?
I'll have to manage to get it through a friend travelling from Europe as I won't be able to find locally for sure. I live in a no man's land IT country ;-(

Finally if none the above suggestions are gonna work, I would have to switch to another MB. This is something I may consider but for the time being... let's cross the fingers with your upcoming input. :cool:

Late here, hope to have positive news tomorrow with my 1st espresso!
Hackintosh on Intel has been an amazing advanture for the past 8 years, AMD's one starts on a high note :) :cool:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Well it took me 4 days to be able to install my 1st macOS Ventura, then 2 hours to install 3 additional macOS versions (lates Monterey, earliest Ventura and latest Sonoma) to finally discover that none of them are working on ethernet with LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext, the kext used for this chipset, at. least on my machine.
According to @Shaneee and @mariettosun my EFI looks ok.

So a few questions as I am newbee on the AMD scene:
  • Are all Gigabyte MBs based on the same chipset?
  • How other users of the forum on Gigabyte MBs manage to get their Ethernet connection? I guess I am not the only one to face this issue.

Beyond that:
- is there a way to bypass this problem with an external Lan card? Sonoma is not mandatory but Ventura is.
If this is possible any reference to recommend?
I'll have to manage to get it through a friend travelling from Europe as I won't be able to find locally for sure. I live in a no man's land IT country ;-(

Finally if none the above suggestions are gonna work, I would have to switch to another MB. This is something I may consider but for the time being... let's cross the fingers with your upcoming input. :cool:

Late here, hope to have positive news tomorrow with my 1st espresso!
Hackintosh on Intel has been an amazing advanture for the past 8 years, AMD's one starts on a high note :) :cool:

Is Amazon available in your country? Most USB to Ethernet adapters work OOB. I was using a Type-C to LAN cable when my Intel LAN wasn't working on macOS.

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur
try to post a pictures like this:
1713967868656.png

or check by your self device id
check also lucy kext you are using if it has inside your device id
if so
go to settings of your ethernet and try to set manually speed from auto to manual and its different speeds

If device id is not present maybe you need to spoof your device to one present in kext info plist

attached latest kext done by Mieze ;)

Attachments

• Release.zip
    59.3 KB · Views: 2

jan001232

AMD OS X Member
There remain only two logical possibilities.

1:
:mys:

2: Connection is blocked by external source (router, security protocol, etc.) or physical (network card with a fault, false contact or dilapidated internet cable etc.).

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I have two Asus AMD motherboards (B500M & B500) that both use the Realtek 2.5G ethernet controller, they both work with LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext.
I have 5 x Realtek 2.5G PCIe adapter cards, which also work in macOS with the Lucy8125Ethernet.kext.
None of these Realtek 2.5G Ethernet controllers require anything other than the kext below with an accompanying config.plist entry, for them to work in macOS from Catalina to the lates release of Sonoma.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 22.41.56.png Hackintool > PCIe tab showing Realtek RTL8125B Ethernet controller

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 22.42.24.png Hackintool >System > Peripherals showing Realtek Ethernet controller is enabled.

You have a bunch of in your config.plist that I am not sure you need.
The first two are for an Intel Ethernet controller which you definitely don't need.
Are you sure the Non-volatile Memory Controllers have been entered with the correct Device address?
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 22.48.29.png DeviceProperties, all bar the GPU properties can probably be removed without any impact on how your system works.

Having the Device address for your Realtek Ethernet controller applied to another device might prevent it from working as expected.
Alternatively, having the Realtek Ethernet device added to your Device Properties, might sort out your issues.

If you use the Export option on the Hackintool > PCIe tab, this will export 4 x files. One will be pcidevice.plist, which will contain the correct Device Addresses for all the PCIe devices in your system. Assuming they don't have a missing Bridge entry in the name.

You don't need some of the entries in your NVRAM > Add section of your config.plist.
The Intel Ethernet boot argument - e0000=0 can be deleted
The 2 x Bluetooth entries can also be deleted, as they are not enabled in the config.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 22.50.34.png NVRAM > Add section needs cleaning up.

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks to @Shaneee @mariettosun and @Edhawk for your input :cool: .
I'm gonna to further investigate and revert back to you with additional results.

jan001232

AMD OS X Member
In summary: it is an EFI compatible with Sonoma, oriented towards Sonoma, configured for Sonoma with all the patches for Sonoma to perform a Ventura update to Sonoma. And problem is getting an internet connection on Ventura with EFI fully configured for Sonoma. Oooohhhh my god.

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
In summary: it is an EFI compatible with Sonoma, oriented towards Sonoma, configured for Sonoma with all the patches for Sonoma to perform a Ventura update to Sonoma. And problem is getting an internet connection on Ventura with EFI fully configured for Sonoma. Oooohhhh my god.
Would you mind to stop spamming my thread without valid useful input?
Once again your last comment (and most of the 8 previous ones) shows that you definitely did not properly read the thread...
Please consider moving on elsewhere to achieve 100 posts within 2 months membership :cool:
Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.