Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX - Ventura 13.6.6 OC 0.99 Post Install Ethernet Realtec chipset not detected and can't be properly configured

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Sorry @CaseySJ for polluting your initial post about your Asus X670 Gene, here is mine as many contributors tried to help me.
Config in signature
So far, on OC 0.99 I am able to successfully:
  • Get the Ventura 13.6.6 Apple install menu
  • Get the utility disk menu to format my internal SSD
  • Go through the 1st steps of installation (17min then 29min...)
  • Reboot on the macOS installer
  • Reboot on the internal SSD (get rid off the macOS installer from the USB)

But then I continuously reboot on the last menu with either the Ventua installer or the internal SSD and never reach the Welcome screen of macOS "Choose your country".

This is exactly the same issue, whatever I try to install Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma.

Here are a few screenshots and the currently tested EFI which need to be corrected.
This EFI has been prepared:
  • with the "generic" EFI from Casey (initial post updated to OC 0.94, latest one available from him)
  • updated to OC 0.99
  • All his recommendations regarding BIOS setup, MMIOs discovered, number of physical cores in CPU, RAM information, included in his first 3 posts have been followed.
  • USB mapping has been done under Windows with USBTool box and relevant SSDT disabled, and kexts added.

The "tailored made EFI" is the one attached to the post.

I am looking for additional input as I no longer see what to further investigate...
Thanks a lot to those who already tried to help me... and welcome to new ideas :cool: I won't give up !

bFzH3Ia.jpg

5enc4Tx.jpg

iArAswB.jpg

Attachments

• EFI 01000 ok copie.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 12

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
This is exactly the one I currently run to get Internet, with USB-C port though. Thanks.

If shipping from the UK to Cambodia was so damn expensive I'd have sent you the one I used. Works flawlessly and it's also 2.5GB but I no longer need it, plus only have a 1GB connection.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I was thinking something similar, as I am upgrading my network with some Aquantia AQC-107 and Intel 10Gb X520 & X540 server cards, and have recently removed 5 x 2.5Gb (Realtek) cards.

Cost of posting even a small package like a network card to Cambodia starts at £30, which is more than twice the price of the Realtek 2.5GB network card I linked from AliExpress.

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee @Edhawk Thanks so much :cool:
You can't imagine how frustrating it is sometimes to look at your configurations and then source it on the local market, a real nightmare!

Luckily, I have parallel paths, but it's costly and time consuming.
I deal with my USB-Lan connection.

Currently in the process of moving my Z490 Vision D stuff to this hack (bye bye @CaseySJ it's been a long journey, you're the one who was contaminating me with the virus a few years ago...). :) :)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.