Customizing the PCI Cards scene?

Hālian

AMD OS X Member
Hey all! How do I customize the PCI Cards scene of About This Mac? Right now it shows the correct number of slots for a MacPro7,1, but with none of them occupied; I'd prefer for it to show the correct number of slots for my actual desktop (2 x16 + 1 x4), with the first x16 slot occupied by my graphics card.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I want to customize them, not remove them. :/

Ah yes. I don't know if that's even possible, not without almost building your own variant of RestrictEvents. Is it really worth the hassle for something cosmetic?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this:
  1. Open Hackintool, navigate to the PCIe tab.
  2. Select the Export Icon, below the Main window.
  3. This will generate a number of files on your desktop.
  4. Open the pciedevices.plist, using ProperTree.
  5. Open your EFI/OC/config.plist, using ProperTree.
  6. Copy the PCIe device sections you want to add to your setup from the pciedevices.plist.
  7. Paste the PCIe device sections you want to add to your setup to the DeviceProperties > Add section of your config.plist.
  8. You can edit any string entries for the devices to better describe your PCIe devices.
  9. Save your revised config.plist.
You are probably best served using the revised config.plist on a bootable USB pen drive, so you don't mess-up anything on your working EFI.

You can boot your system from the USB while you test and change the PCIe device entries to get them as you want them to display.

Only when you are happy with results should you replace the config.plist on your macOS drive with the one from your USB pen drive.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.