Can not get Intel BT to work + OpenCore will not boot Linux or Windows

JohnFante

AMD OS X Member
I am triplebooting MadOS (Monterey), Windows and Linux (Manjaro) - all separate drives - on an 7800X3D, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER, 32GB DDR5 Kingston FURY RAM, Radeon RX590 Nitro rig.

I could not get it to update to Sonoma, so with some good help from people here I sat out to get a new and improved EFI instead of the mess I had pieced together. I now have a new working EFI that can boot Monterey but I have same irritating issues withit I would like to have sorted before I try an upgrade.

The EFI I used as starting point is attached (thank you to @jan001232 ). The changes I made afterwards are described below:

First of all my Intel AX210 bluetooth does not work even thou it should be supported. I think this is related to USB mapping. See here: https://openintelwireless.github.io/IntelBluetoothFirmware/Troubleshooting.html. Something I have so far not had time to do.

Is there an quick guide for USB mapping?

The other and most annoying problem is that the new OpenCore stopped beeing able to boot Windows and Linux.

Normally OC just boots Windows. No changes made. But now I get an ACPI error if I try. I can boot fine by selecting the drive it is on.

For Linux I have added OpenLinuxBoot.efi and ext4_x64.efi to my config.plist Drivers section and made sure RequestBootVarRouting and LauncherOption are enabled in config.plis. I also enable HideAuxiliary. All as described here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Multiboot/oc/linux.html#method-a-openlinuxboot

However I get the failed to mount error attached.

Any suggestions to solve this?

Attachments

• IMG_4109.jpeg
    IMG_4109.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • EFI-Gigabyte.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Check the modifications I made to this users config under NVRAM for Intel BT to work and copy the two to your config,

JohnFante

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2024-04-24 kl. 14.10.30.png
    Skærmbillede 2024-04-24 kl. 14.10.30.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Skærmbillede 2024-04-24 kl. 14.09.05.png
    Skærmbillede 2024-04-24 kl. 14.09.05.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 5

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try cleaning NVRAM since that's what we are adjusting here. Just to make sure they are correctly injected. Also in your USB Map make sure that the port where BT is connected to is marked as Internal.

JohnFante

AMD OS X Member
Try cleaning NVRAM since that's what we are adjusting here. Just to make sure they are correctly injected. Also in your USB Map make sure that the port where BT is connected to is marked as Internal.
Cleaning NVRAM? You mean reset?

Regarding the USB Map I made it in Windows following the guide in the videos I linked to. Just selected all ports in USBToolBox and created a kext from that. I will check to see if I can see where bluetooth is mapped and mark it as internal. If possible .....

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Yes reset it with OpenCore. For the internal ports the Type should be set to 255.

JohnFante

AMD OS X Member
Yes reset it with OpenCore. For the internal ports the Type should be set to 255.
I have found my issue. 😖

Checked my motherboard and it is an rev 1.1 of the Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master and that does not have the Intel WIFI/Bluetooth but the AMD Wi-Fi 6E RZ616 ...

If you know of a kext for that please let me know ... for f... sake how did I miss that.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2024-04-24 kl. 16.48.55.png
    Skærmbillede 2024-04-24 kl. 16.48.55.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 4

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh that won't help. The AMD WiFi uses MediaTek which isn't supported in macOS. It should be possible to swap it for an AX200 or AX210 though.

JohnFante

AMD OS X Member
I have ordered an ASUS BT-400 dongle. Had one on my previous rig. Works like a charm.

Any suggestions with the OpenCore dual boot issue?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Did you have LauncherOption set to Full? Also Try setting OpenLinuxBoot as the first UEFI Driver to load. Unsure if it'll help though. I've never had it work on my system.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I would question where you obtained the ACPI tables in your EFI.
  1. AM5-UOI-F.aml - appears to be a DSDT.aml table that has been renamed.
  2. SSDT-Basic-AM5.aml - contains fixes that are also present in other SSDT's you have enabled in your config.plist. These include SSDT-CPUR.aml (CPU processor settings), SSDT-USB-BAZ.aml (USB power settings) SSDT-HKIN-RX.aml (SSDT-HPET.aml no patches)
  3. You are lacking a number of ACPI patches, for the fixes applied in these SSDT's, which usually means the fixes (HPET_CRS for example) won't work. As the two parts are required to enable the IRQ resource fix.
Personally unless you know these SSDT's came from a system that is exactly the same in every way to your own, I wouldn't use them.

I have generated some custom SSDT's using your system DSDT.aml table and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script. These and the accompanying ACPI patches can be found in the Results folder attached below. It also contains a DSDT-Patched.aml that includes some specific fixes that are required for a gigabyte AM5 board.

You have HfsPlus.efi and OpenHfsPlus.efi present in your Drivers folder. You don't need both. Remove OpenHfsPlus.efi as HfsPlus.efi is the better driver.

Your system doesn't need help to Emulate NVRAM, so you don't need OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi Driver in your OpenCore setup.

As @shanee wrote, your MediaTek WiFi/BT card isn't supported in macOS, as there are no third-party kexts for the series of WiFi/BT card your system uses.

I would recommend purchasing an Intel AX200NGW WiFi/BT card and replacing the MediaTek card, as it is not a given that the Asus BT-400 (Bluetooth USB Dongle) will work in Sonoma.

Attachments

• Results.zip
    36.9 KB · Views: 2

JohnFante

AMD OS X Member
I would question where you obtained the ACPI tables in your EFI.
  1. AM5-UOI-F.aml - appears to be a DSDT.aml table that has been renamed.
  2. SSDT-Basic-AM5.aml - contains fixes that are also present in other SSDT's you have enabled in your config.plist. These include SSDT-CPUR.aml (CPU processor settings), SSDT-USB-BAZ.aml (USB power settings) SSDT-HKIN-RX.aml (SSDT-HPET.aml no patches)
  3. You are lacking a number of ACPI patches, for the fixes applied in these SSDT's, which usually means the fixes (HPET_CRS for example) won't work. As the two parts are required to enable the IRQ resource fix.
Personally unless you know these SSDT's came from a system that is exactly the same in every way to your own, I wouldn't use them.
They came with the GIGABYT EFI @jan001232 kindly supplied. A EFI that worked so well that I could upgrade to Sonoma without a hitch.

I have generated some custom SSDT's using your system DSDT.aml table and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script. These and the accompanying ACPI patches can be found in the Results folder attached below. It also contains a DSDT-Patched.aml that includes some specific fixes that are required for a gigabyte AM5 board.
Thank you very much!
You have HfsPlus.efi and OpenHfsPlus.efi present in your Drivers folder. You don't need both. Remove OpenHfsPlus.efi as HfsPlus.efi is the better driver.
Will do! Thank you!
Your system doesn't need help to Emulate NVRAM, so you don't need OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi Driver in your OpenCore setup.
Will remove too! Thank you!
As @shanee wrote, your MediaTek WiFi/BT card isn't supported in macOS, as there are no third-party kexts for the series of WiFi/BT card your system uses.

I would recommend purchasing an Intel AX200NGW WiFi/BT card and replacing the MediaTek card, as it is not a given that the Asus BT-400 (Bluetooth USB Dongle) will work in Sonoma.
Thank you. Will see if I can get hold of one here in Denmark.

Just to be clear: Basically I remove the aml files etc. in the ACPI section (via OC Auxillary Tool - see below) and add the ones you so generously have supplied (drag and drop?)? And ofcourse reset NVRAM.

Sorry if this is a noob question but I have not much experience tinkering with OpenCore .... as you probably have figured out by now :)

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2024-04-25 kl. 08.44.35.png
    Skærmbillede 2024-04-25 kl. 08.44.35.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

JohnFante

AMD OS X Member
Well I gave it a try but so far with no succes :) It hangs during boot.

Here is what I did.

Used the USB version of my EFI that I used to upgrade to Sonoma.
Removed the old .aml files and added the new one to the ACPI folder and imported the patches_OC.plist.
Rebooted and resetted NVRAM.
Booted from USB

Attached is the EFI and the last couple of logfiles. I might have done something wrong.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 1
  • opencore-2024-04-25-171411.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • opencore-2024-04-25-171329.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0

JohnFante

AMD OS X Member

You where right about the ASUS BT-400 dongle. The OS resets on start up due to a major error with that inserted. At least with the present EFI. Will give the AX200NGW WiFi/BT a look and see if I can disable the MediaTek card.

BTW: If you get the time to take a quick look on the modified EFI above I would greatly appreciate it :)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.