Bosgame Mini PC P1 AMD 5700U 32GB Memory 1TB - Need help installing MAC OS

legendz78

AMD OS X Member
Tried following Dortania's opencore instructions and using kexts recommened, but I can only get to the Apple Logo screen with progress bar and it freezes, nothing afterwards. Any help or recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your current EFI folder so we can see what you are using.

Also provide a link to the specification page for your Mini PC, so we can see what you should be using.

Which version of macOS are you using?

legendz78

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.7 MB · Views: 3
  • Bosgame Mini.png
    Bosgame Mini.png
    874.8 KB · Views: 5

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I've tried Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma. Below is the EFI I tried to use with all its configurations. Here is a screenshot of the Bosgame Mini PC and a link to their site with all the specifications. Thank you in advance !

It looks like you hijacked a laptop users EFI, there are a bunch of kexts enabled that you do not want to load. I have a very similar 8 core mini PC and this EFI works nicely with it, its assuming your ethernet is a Realtek adapter and the Wifi/ Bluetooth is an intel based card.

Attachments

• EFI-5.zip
    58.4 MB · Views: 5

legendz78

AMD OS X Member
Thanks will give it a try, I think both the ethernet and wifi are Mediatek, which I heard there is are no kexts/drivers available for those, I will have to figure out another usb wifi adapter to buy.

legendz78

AMD OS X Member
Well I got a little further the EFI you sent unfortunately didnt work, but I found one that does. Only problem now as you mentioned is the ethernet and wifi driver, so it can download MACOS from Apples servers from recovery. I'll have to find a Ethernet adapter maybe a USB Asix adapter or another Realtek USB WIFI adapter that have drivers support for them, then I will be able to download the image from Apple. Again I appeciate you taking the time to help me out.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Well I got a little further the EFI you sent unfortunately didnt work, but I found one that does. Only problem now as you mentioned is the ethernet and wifi driver, so it can download MACOS from Apples servers from recovery. I'll have to find a Ethernet adapter maybe a USB Asix adapter or another Realtek USB WIFI adapter that have drivers support for them, then I will be able to download the image from Apple. Again I appeciate you taking the time to help me out.
Okay, Mediatek devices aren't supported but you might be able to change out the Wifi module and get that and bluetooth working. Most of these mini Pcs have replaceable M2 cards so that is very possible, good idea regarding the USB Ethernet dongle.

legendz78

AMD OS X Member
Any recommendations on the m2 WIFI module I could purchase off Amazon that would work ?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.