AMD Ryzen R9 5900HX+6600m Install Monterey kernel Panic

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
hey, @ExtremeXT, @Visual, I just got a minisforum hx90g, when I install monterey 12.6, I get a kernel panic message, I tried a few patches made by @Visual, but the kernel panic message will Recurrence; if it is convenient, can you provide directions or ideas to solve the problem; thank you very much.
Monterey_12.6_KP.png

Attachments

• Reports.zip
    220.3 KB · Views: 16
  • EFI.zip
    19 MB · Views: 18

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Welcome @daliansky! I'd heard/read a bit about you/your tech blog before sometime ago and hadn't had the chance to say hello. Your efforts to improve the knowledge of hackintoshes is highly commendable to say the very least!

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
Welcome @daliansky! I'd heard/read a bit about you/your tech blog before sometime ago and hadn't had the chance to say hello. Your efforts to improve the knowledge of hackintoshes is highly commendable to say the very least!
In fact, I just did what I should do. At the same time, I also want to make more friends through knowledge sharing; if my words can help more people, that is my original intention of writing these words.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
@daliansky
Please try this EFI. Make sure to set the correct BIOS settings.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.3 MB · Views: 16

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Okay @daliansky,

So I've had a look at your EFI this past hour. It looks like you had quite a number of things missing in the config file for the system to boot.
One of the biggest was you were missing a handful of required SSDTs such as SSDT-HPET, SSDT-SBUS-MCHC and SSDT-XOSI.

The other thing was the AMD core count kernel patch. It was set to 8 cores (B808) instead of 16 cores for 5900HX (B80C).

In addition you didn't have any device values set for the RX 6600M GPU nor had USBInjectAll installed.

So I've gone ahead and created an EFI for you based on settings I believe should work loosely based on the recent Lenovo Legion 5 build
here which uses the RX6600M also and successfully booted into Monterey. I've added a few things into the build which should help including
SSDT-XHCI renames which are (really) needed for certain AMD builds. Now I've turned it off for now (same for the Intel Bluetooth kexts) but
you could test that when you get the system working first. GenericUSBXHCI.kext is also added just in case (not enabled).

For the LAN I don't know what brand you're using but if you are using Intel 2.5Gbe on Monterey it should work natively if you also add
e1000=0 into the boot-arg and add a device-id of F2158680 for the device properties. For Realtek 2.5Gbe you may need to use the
RTL8111Ethernet driver.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35.6 MB · Views: 35

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Okay @daliansky,

So I've had a look at your EFI this past hour. It looks like you had quite a number of things missing in the config file for the system to boot.
One of the biggest was you were missing a handful of required SSDTs such as SSDT-HPET, SSDT-SBUS-MCHC and SSDT-XOSI.

The other thing was the AMD core count kernel patch. It was set to 8 cores (B808) instead of 16 cores for 5900HX (B80C).

In addition you didn't have any device values set for the RX 6600M GPU nor had USBInjectAll installed.

So I've gone ahead and created an EFI for you based on settings I believe should work loosely based on the recent Lenovo Legion 5 build
here which uses the RX6600M also and successfully booted into Monterey. I've added a few things into the build which should help including
SSDT-XHCI renames which are (really) needed for certain AMD builds. Now I've turned it off for now (same for the Intel Bluetooth kexts) but
you could test that when you get the system working first. GenericUSBXHCI.kext is also added just in case (not enabled).

For the LAN I don't know what brand you're using but if you are using Intel 2.5Gbe on Monterey it should work natively if you also add
e1000=0 into the boot-arg and add a device-id of F2158680 for the device properties. For Realtek 2.5Gbe you may need to use the
RTL8111Ethernet driver.
The Ryzen 5900HX has 8 cores and 16 threads, so the patches need to be set for 8 cores.
USBInjectAll doesn't work on AMD systems, as a replacement (except an USB map which is the best one), you can use SSDT-USB-Reset from SSDTTime. This SSDT also does the XHCI renames needed :)
Only some I225-V cards need an SSDT, the boot arg or a device ID spoof, we will see if it does not work for them.
For Realtek 2.5GBe you need to use LucyRTL8125Ethernet, not RTL8111.

Note that I am just pointing out some stuff, not criticizing. (y)

daliansky

AMD OS X Member
Okay @daliansky,

RTL8111Ethernet driver.
After replacing the EFI file, it got stuck at the location of the kernel patch; after modifying the kernel patch, it got stuck at AppleACPIPlatform (6.1)test2a.jpegtest2b.jpeg

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Attachments

• SSDT-CPUR.zip
    376 bytes · Views: 20

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@daliansky,

Okay. Could you do a DSDT dump of your BIOS? It would be good to check that out.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Alright @daliansky, try this new EFI. I've made all the needed changes including the kernel patch and updated SSDT-CPUR.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    35.5 MB · Views: 40

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
hey, @ExtremeXT, @Visual, I just got a minisforum hx90g, when I install monterey 12.6, I get a kernel panic message, I tried a few patches made by @Visual, but the kernel panic message will Recurrence; if it is convenient, can you provide directions or ideas to solve the problem; thank you very much.

BTW, what laptop are is this? I'm curious about the chipset of this laptop vs the Legion 5. Congrats!

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Not a laptop, it's a mini PC just like Intel NUC, using 5900HX+6600M. According to the screenshots, it has completely the same USB comtrollers as Legion 5…… That's confusing🤔
It’s the way it was implemented. From my experience some AMD systems needed a separate SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX, and also added a SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-SBUS-MCHC & SSDT-XOSI. Also GenericUSBXHCI was not enabled and we used @daliansky’s existing USBPorts map.
We added those plus some new kernel patches from @Visual and removed the device properties tree completely. FeatureUnlock kext was also added.

To be honest I am very surprised how it all turned out. I was half expecting to KP but it didn’t. This means the Minisforum HX90g is a worthy contender as a Mac Mini alternative with upgrade potential. The GPU performance alone should beat an M1 Mac. Kudos to everyone for this!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.